1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

wanna start a tamer

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by plastickappa420, Aug 5, 2010.

1. i just started playing the game so i only have 700 point cap but here are some ideas that i had for a template. any advice would be great good or bad.

tame 120
    lore 120
    vet 120
    stealth 100
    mage 120
    eval 120

so thats what i got. if at all possible i would like to make a diso tamer. please please please somebody help
  2. also 10 points on my gear
  3. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    You'll need music and discord to do a disco tamer, so you'll have to probably drop eval and basically use magery for travel and heals (non-offensive), and drop stealth or stop at GM and use jewels to get your taming skills up past GM.

Some people leave off vet, but I find it pretty dang hard to solo stuff without having vet. Magery heals just don't cut it if your pet is taking a lot of damage. Hunting with a group, I can get away without it - if my pet isn't the tank.

Since both taming and barding require multiple skills, you pretty much have to pick a path and go with it. With the skill cap, it's just impossible to be an offensive mage bard tamer stealther!
  4. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Think you need hiding for stealth to work. Drop stealth and eval add music and disco. GM all and use jewels to 120.
    I have a tamer with
    Animal Lore____115--120-tally
    Animal Taming__115--120-tally
    total with jewels/tally_828
    With imbuing this is possible
  5. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

I second (or third) the Tame/Bard template especially for Disco for training and fighting. When you Disco your pets they train much faster. I farm Swoop for stuff to unravel and I just wouldn't do it without Disco...would take far to much time per kill.