1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Want to come back but not sure.

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by ExUoPlayer24, Sep 12, 2008.

1. ExUoPlayer24

ExUoPlayer24 Guest

I started playing ultima online back in 98. Started on the napa valley server. I quit in 2005.

Started playing world of warcraft in 2007. Still playing but i miss uo.

My main concern is i left because the player base on napa valley was dead. And it is now 2008 has it got worse?

No game has ever came close to uo thats why i miss it so much.

Also what is the highest populated shard?

Thanks A.Z

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I can't speak for Napa, but I know over all, populations are down. Atlantic seems to still have a very good sized population. I have a character there, but I generally stick to Catskills. The population is pretty good, but it's not so crowded that you can't place a decent sized house without a little effort. (I placed an 18x18 just last month, and I'm not even out in the middle of nowhere) Personally, if I were you, I would hop on a few different shards, check things out, see where you feel comfortable. If you don't have any ties to napa, move. The only thing that would keep me playing a low population shard was if I was so well established it would be next to impossible to physically move my items and characters to another shard via transfer tokens.

3. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

Napa is deserted :( It was my home server as well.

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm also an ex-Napa player. Played there from 98-2001.

When I came back last year, I moved to Catskills and am having a ball. The population is certainly down, but I hardly notice it where I play. I always have friends around to keep me busy.