1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Want to learn PvP....Dread Horse Style

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pepino Gonzales, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Looking for the best to teach me Dread Horse PvP.....

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Prepare to be flamed.

3. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

No amount of preparation could prepare them for what is to come....

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'd love to jump in here, but unfortunately I've still got a page full of infraction points that have yet to expire.

I'll just comfort myself by knowing that his eternal mediocrity is enough punishment for the post.

5. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

i can haz pwnage wiff dread horse?

6. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm the best. Entrance into my dojo will cost you though.

7. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

XD. Just XD. That's all I can say right now.

8. Sassassin

Sassassin Guest

If you are a mage, play like a mage with dismount all kill last target macroed on a key which you can use like an instant cast IPWNU spell.

For archer tamer... this is probably one of the most skillless template in game. Have pet on all guard me, run to your victim with dismount shot toggled, hit a macro that dismounts you, and hit UOMacro "attack last" or "AttackTargeted". Pet will auto defend and go after victim (casting, melee and frebreathing) or you can make a macro for all kill last target.

And if dismount lands spam moving shot while running after the victim until target dies. If dismount misses, mount up run away and repeat when you are ready.

If you want to learn PvP, tamers arent really a good choice, because you are still a no skill noob that needs an OPed pet to compete, you will never get good if you cant survive(or kill) on your own. And NO! running in straightline all the time isnt winning.

Tamers in the hands of noobie PvPer is ok, but if decent pvpers like myself and many out there are playing one, we can make any tamer PvP template utterly stupidly overpowered. :thumbsup:

9. I think I should start with the easy Archer Tamer. Can someone tell me the best template to use without overdoing the skillset. I know I probably wont be able to fit in Vet, so what exactly is the best build ?

10. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Taming
    Lore
    Bow
    All Kill Macro
    Primary Ability Macro
    Secondary Ability Macro
    Lots of yawns

11. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If you can't figure out a template for this ez mode template then you should probably not play it.

12. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I been out of game for a bit, but I do recall Draconi mentioning that he was going to fix the Dreads Auto Casting on All kill bug.

13. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

gee, maybe that feature gets fixed with SA, what are the odds...

14. Goodoljoe

Goodoljoe Guest

Dismount , bola, all kill, loot

Not rocket science is it

15. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Just because people have a dreadhorse doesn't automatically put them in godmode. I've killed numerous wannabe's =)

It takes time/practice to get it down just right.

16. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I think you'll find this template as easy as everyone has said. I'm just a poor trammie, myself, but with a crap cu and a crap invasion heavy x-bow, its a cakewalk.

Then again, you're not invincible. Way to kill tamers is, once they sick their pet on you, immediately lead the pet a couple screens away and invis. Run back to find the tamer on foot and defenseless.