1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted Features that modders CANNOT make

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Merion, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So, dear devs, you got lucky! Pinco did most of your job with his awesome UI.

But there are some things he simply cannot do - all that stuff that goes on in the client itself. So I thought I"d start a list to collect all the features that people want and that cannot be done with a mod.

First things that come to my mind:

• show the names of the party members in the map next to their location
    • Show Seeker, Follower and Knight status on mouseover in the virtue gump
    • target relative to location
    • make gumps available for makro (so we can make, for example, one animal form - dog and one animal form - unicorn macro)
    • making the zoom level readable for modders

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the generic gumps need to be moved inside the client so we can have back the 1 page animal lore gump and many other great features :p

another thing that I've requested is the PlaySound function...
    This function should be able to play a sound just for you (so noone else will hear it). This function already exist and is used on the tutorial but is not usable via script.
    I have some projects that involve the playsound and can't be done :(

The coordinates of a mobile/object should also be very useful if available...

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For some reason they have said the sound option is not something they are going to look into now :-(
    the show seeker follower used to work for me but that may have been cc
    target relative is the big one for me especially with the fishing addon we just had

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

nope, they misunderstood my question... I sent after the hoc a pm to cal and he said that they could consider to add the feature one day... he said the same about the readable zoom level.

Unfortunately we all know EA and probably on 2030 they will start working on 1 of these things by breaking something else :D

5. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Thats right and thats why you are the only really active modder modding public at the moment, i dont want to do your job, have done it long time.

Iam playing now and if something is wrong i can blame others, but change will never come or only very slow.

6. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

You know I've considered working on Mods but one thing always stands in my way. I can never seem to get a working test environment setup, and the "guide" for modding that comes with the client is poorly written.

Perhaps if someone actually wrote a good guide on Mod Creation to get people started there would be more people doing it. I mean I can handle XML, I use it for populating treeviews, and other data storage functions when working with other languages like VB.NET. Lua on the other hand I just can't get a grip on because I find it the documentation on it severely lacking, and unfriendly towards hobbyists. It's also not like I can go to Barnes and Noble and find half a dozen desk references on Lua, something I can physically have there to look at while I'm learning, that is indexed and cross referencable.

7. unified

unified Guest

Exactly! I'm even willing to pay for a step-by-step guide to even creating a button on, say, the skills window, a menu, etc. :link:

8. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Making a new button visibly isn't hard. Making it DO something is another story, at least for me.

Textures and XML I have handled...LUA just confuses me endlessly.

9. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I know what you mean there....

Code:
    Private Sub Closebtn_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Closebtn.Click

Me.Close() ''Close the currently open Form or Window
    That makes perfect sense to me.

Code:
    function Button:DoClick( ) //This is called when the button is clicked
            self:SetText( "Clicked" ); //Set the text to "Clicked"
        end
    This however doesn't. Might be because LUA is more of a scripting language than a fully fleshed out Programming language.

10. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

The : is the dependency on an object? Or what is the difference between . and :

Here:

Button <= Object
    self <= self = Object here Button

?

11. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

- i badly want a fishing option for the "target by resource" action
    - or at least a target relative option

12. Xantrik

Xantrik Guest

Ya, I was surprised this wasn't in the EC. Especially after leveling LJ and Mining with so much success in the new client. I also want to see colors on skill gains. Leveling something like mining where you have a wall of white text is annoying when your skill gains blend in with all the white spam text. :cursing: