1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WANTED: Moderating team for this forum

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Magdalene, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Apparently, the drama days are over, so I think we can get back to the issue of finding new moderators for the forum.
    I'm really sorry, but my old PMs were lost (just like everybody else's), so we sort of have to start all over again.

Please, feel free to post here or PM me or email [email protected] - apply yourself or indicate your favourite candidate. We need a balanced team of two, preferably.

Note: people with long ban record need not apply, thank you.

2. Mirage

Mirage Guest

Damn!!!

Mir

3. a grey wolf

a grey wolf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I would be happy to help... :loser:

4. Magdalene

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Tired of trying to keep these wild Catskillians in line all by yourself?

6. Mish o sha

Mish o sha Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

7. Magdalene

It is time to give the forum back to its people... ;)

8. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

I don't post in here often, however I've been a Catskills resident for over nine years. Perhaps I can be a fair and impartial moderator for the place I call home assuming there aren't many objectors. I'll count on Tomas Bryce and Flutter here for my character references. I appreciate the time and consideration of all those involved.

9. Magdalene

Noted.
    Anyone else?

10. Vallend

Vallend Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Come on people I know there are many of you who would love to be involved with Stratics and have as much passion as I do for the Catskills shard. If you consider yourself a fair person and want to help make this forum the best one on Stratics you should apply. (If its any motivation the time I got to sit and talk to Draconi he told me at one time he was a moderater here on Stratics. Now look at him, so this also could be your first step towards something bigger.)
    Only one thing you need to remember is never let personal feelings or things that happen in game affect how you moderate this board. You have to remain open minded and follow the rules of what can be posted here on stratics as given to you. Though sometimes removing a post or giving a warning is a judgment call on your part. So you also will have to look at each post in many different ways before making your decision. Throw in you have to constantly be checking this board too and reading every post so it can be a bit time consuming. Still the rewards of being part of a team trying to make UO a better game out weigh all the negative things.
    So lets see some more of you post that you would love to join me on the Stratics team.

11. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I tossed my hat into the ring via PM to Magdalene last week. But I might as well make it public. I'm still interested in the job.

12. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

tell me what exactly to do and ill do it also.:D

13. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

It would be something fun to do, but it should be done by someone well known/trusted. I usually keep to myself and hide in my guild with the exception to a few gold give away events for the shard here and there. I don't know enough of the cats vets to be a liked and accepted moderator. But *shrugs* maybe in a year or so if theres still a need I would apply :) Good luck to whomever gets it!

14. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Being liked isn't a pre-requisite :)
    As long as you can be fair and unbiased, you'd make a good moderator.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!