1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wanting to return, BUT Have slight issue.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kirah Blackstaff, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Kirah Blackstaff

Stratics Veteran

Hey everyone, I used to play from 2000-2005 quite a bit. I have been having a wierd urge to play and see the changes. I used to be huge into PVP with a small dab in PVE here to there.

I had 5 accounts on my list, and I cannot honestly remember which is my "Main" is there anyway to open the accounts only temp instead of having to pay the $12.99 per account?!

Thanks in advance!

2. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

I guess the only way would be to ask customer support via mail or phone and ask for a char list?

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

LOL, good luck with that!

4. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You will need to create a mythic master account and the link you accounts to it, you maybe then able to work out your main account by account age??

But yeah good luck with support...

5. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Before you try to open a Mythic master account, please read the forum sticky on account migration so you'll understand how to link up your accounts correctly. The new system gave a lot of folks some severe migraines.

Lord Frodo and DJAd like this.
  6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

id pick the oldest one no matter what..

everything you have has been outdated.
    all your skills, all your armor, all your weapons.

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes you will need to link your old account to a new "master account". When linking your old accounts you need to put _uo at the end. This is the part that threw me the first time when I came back to the game.

Lets say for example one of your accounts before was called "KirahBlackstaff" when you link to the master account you should put "KirahBlackstaff_uo".

Good luck and hope you manage to get sorted. If you find yourself smashing your head against a brick wall with support and the generic no-use-at-all email replies I would get in touch with Mesanna as she is fantastic with getting things like this sorted out, whereas the support team aren't.

#7 DJAd, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  8. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I emailed support this week and they refused to talk to me as i was not using the same email account my game account was linked too. UO Support is not very supportfull!

DJAd likes this.
  9. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

UO support = almost useless in matters like this where old accounts are being renewed, they ask stupid questions like "name three of the characters names to prove its really you?" really...a customer service person said that to me about an account that's been deactivated over a decade, how the heck is anyone going to remember 3 characters they haven't seen in a decade, lol.

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

That's easy. Tazar, Tazar, and Tazar. lol

11. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

If you still have uo installed on your computer, you can find a folder for each account which will have folders for each shard and each character on each shard. For instance, my info is found in: Libraries/Documents/EA Games/Ultima Online Legacy/User Data. That is if you use Classic. If you use enhanced then the folders are found in Ultima Online Stygian Abyss folder instead of Legacy. I'm not sure if I told it to store the information in these folders when I installed or whether it they are the default. But you should be able to find the info, if you used the same computer then that you are using now.

12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Never link all your uo accounts to one master account. make a separate master account for each individual uo account.

Parnoc, DJAd, MalagAste and 1 other person like this.
  13. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There's a legitimate security reason for this, in these days of social engineering. I wouldn't want them talking to someone from a different e-mail address who might have picked my account name (extremely improbable in my case but possible for others). It's a necessary standard policy in case of an idiot rep who might give out information he shouldn't have, prompting the caller/e-mailer to call back and hope to get another piece.

Some years back, an e-mail ostensibly from an ex-employee eventually got bumped to me, since I had access to everything, and this person supposedly needed certain information for tax purposes. To give share quantities wouldn't have compromised much at all, or would it? How do I know this person wouldn't call or e-mail someone, saying, "Hi, this is ____. Aren't you the person I talked to last week? I know I have ___ shares of ___ in one of my portfolios. Could you tell me that account number?" Security procedures must always keep in mind some junior associate who doesn't know any better.

My simple response showed that I was right to be suspicious: "Why don't you talk to your broker?"

14. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think the problem with UO support is that it's not UO support, it's EA support where the staff probably don't know a lot about UO.

DJAd likes this.
  15. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sure, which in this case means their good security was through dumb, blind luck. :)

16. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I can name characters I made in the 90s without thinking about it too much.