1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"war" v. "city" music in game

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Adrianas, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Many players that I know, myself included, like the music that is played in the cities. I also like the 'war' music that is played in Termur. But I detest the 'war' music that is played in dungeons and anyplace else. Especially since the music will not automatically shut off if I say, hide out of war mode, or smoke bomb out of war mode. Even walking out of a dungeon often does not stop it.

So I find that I am constantly going into my settings to turn off the music. But then, later, I end up going back in to turn it on. I *do* like a lot of the regular music.

- I would love to see an option where we could choose which 'war' and 'dungeon' music we hear - to hear that music anytime we are in war mode. (I would choose the Termur music hands down.)

- And I would like to see it fixed so that *anytime* I am not in war mode that music stops.

I suspect the problem with this 'wish list' would be on the programming end. (I was married to a programmer for 10 years and appreciate just how hard it can be to do these types of things.)

But I thought I would toss this out there. If they are considering a revamp to the Enhanced Client (which is what I run), then I would love to see something like this included, if it was programmably possible.

Finally, there are a lot of features in EC which folks who run CC do not seem to know about. I think that EA should try harder to explain the benefits of EC. Example: Last night I was talking to someone about how easy it is to find my body in a mass of bodies in EC. He was shocked and had no idea that EC would do what it does to help you find your body.

That's all. Thx.

2. Espilce

Espilce Guest

My music has been turned off because of this "war music bug". I miss having music in the game. I used to really enjoy it.

Devs:
    • Bring back Stones.
    • Let the EC client users adjust their mp3 music like the CC users can.

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I know there's a music file in 2d that you can edit to change around what music plays where. I popped mp3s of Pirates of the Carribean in for the dangerous parts of the ocean and some Conan for battle. Not sure if you can do the same on the enhanced client.

4. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I also like the city music but the battle music is bad, i miss that option in the EC to turn this off.

5. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

in uo.cfg, you can set
    CombatMusic=off

in the CC

that and

TreeCanopies=on
    Desolation=off

are the first things i do on any new install

6. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I turned the music and all the other UO sounds off in the 1990s. I have never turned them back on.

7. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hmm. Thanks Raptor. I will take a look and see if I can do that in EC as well. Might be able to. In EC, my 'tree canopies' are already there and I get no 'desolation' effects. That is probably a 'bug' for Siege, but I'll not complain about it!

8. TheMac

TheMac Guest

Pretty much the same for me... except I turn on horse sounds...