1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Warning] Beware of people placing Vendor runes

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Jermosh, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Some reds are placing runes that are going to a spot that they have blocked with a GD. Pretty much instant death. I usually shy away from Fel runes for this reason. Oh Well I dont think I had much for them to take anyways.

2. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There is a guild that has done this many time placing runes to small locations in Fel which they either have a Gank Squad Waiting or a Tamer with a few critters.

Hit Fel rune at your own risk or better yet, Get a Crew Together and gate in, enjoy the fun.

Watch out thow they like small islands and have an escape boat usually placed close by so they can run away when overpowered.

:coco:

3. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yup , always check the facet location before recalling.
    If you're in factions you should have stronghold runes at your disposable with a panic button so you can flee from those cheap deaths. :thumbsup:

4. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

this...

The bold sums it up quite nicely. Only a fool doesn't check the rune to the location they are recalling to...lest it's their own and they know where that is.

As this poster stated though, some time ago some friends and I would recall on these runes on purpose. What a shock it was for the people waiting on the other side, when they quickly discovered that they were the ones that were outnumbered. Not, the other way around.

5. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Guest

i pick up player vendor runes and use them to mark for my own use....so i am good

6. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Saves money too.