1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Warning: Do not dropseeds on Packie

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nails, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I dropped a stack of 168 orange seeds on a pack horse to transport them to my house and it ate them all in one shot and told me it was happy. Not sure how many other animals eat the seeds but be careful. Took me a while to find someone that had some starter seeds for me and I was instantly back to looking for them again. oh well.

Not sure if that was posted somewhere or not but it is a crappy bug that I wish others to avoid.

2. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks so much for telling us that.

3. Perhaps opening the packie's backpack and dragging the seeds into the backpack (instead of the packie itself) would side-step the problem?

4. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I dropped a small rubble mushroom into my packie a few months ago and it ate it. :mad:

5. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have learned not to "drop" anything on a blue bug or a packie of any sort because ya never know just how hungry they are lol Always open the bag and drop it in, just in case. They should really fix the packies to ONLY eat what they are supposed to eat!

6. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I still have a unicorn that eats gold :thumbup:

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I wish my lizard and battle chickens would eat seed.

8. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Sorry about this mishap. I lost a nice rubble plant that way too. If you play on Legends, I'd be happy to give you some seeds.

9. Nails

Nails Journeyman

Yep, that is how to avoid it but most items folks can drag and drop on it and may be use to doing so.

10. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Pack horses will eat jester hats.

11. Thashinel

Thashinel Guest

Not sure I want to laugh or cry at something like this incident. Thank you for the pointer though....guess it's kinda like seeing a person tripping on the crack on the sidewalk - you laugh because you've had it happen to yourself before.

Jo/Thash

12. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

If your on Chessie I can provide you with seeds for orange petals, green thorns, and red leaves.

13. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ouch , thanks for the information.. Yeah there is countless things storage pets eat.. Enchanted apples.. etc etc , best way to solve any problems in the future is just to open the backpack before you drop anything in the storage to gain a habit of doing that every time.

14. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

best way to insure proper carrying is opening the backpack. dropping stuff on the packy, drop on the saddle/pack area or back to the butt. dropping forward of that it is possible the item(s) can become food and not the burden.

15. mustafa

mustafa Guest

LOL i dont the same thing with loads off enhanced apples was well p*sse* never make that mistake again:lol:

16. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ouch! Would never happen with a blue bug tho, cos they eat meat, not fruit and veg.

If you're on Europa and want some more orange petal seeds, gimme a shout, I've got tons of em :)

17. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Actually, it would be cool if seeds acted like potions on your pets when they ate them. Too bad though, pets are so overpowered as it is.