1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Warning for Fishers: Boat Decay Seems To Be Accelerated This Week!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I have boats on the water on a couple of shards and I noticed yesterday and today that decay on them seems to be a bit accelerated. Kind of wondering if the server issues we had earlier this week pushed things forward on them by a day or two. If you don't refresh your boat(s) very often, you might want to log on today and check them out just to make sure you don't lose anything.

Lord Frodo and Scribbles like this.
  2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

@Tina Small TY for the heads up. I got in the habit of taking my ships with me because of the decay rate bug a while back after losing a few to it.

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Same here. I always dry dock now once I've finished using it.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Much harder and a lot more complicated to dry dock everytime when they're fishing ships carrying orders.

Keith of Sonoma and Lord Frodo like this.
  5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So true

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Exactly! My hold is full of fish! LOL but my ship doesn't seem to be decaying any faster then it usually does. Maybe it's just certain ships? I don't have a fancy one and no cannons or anything...yet ;)

7. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

I refresh about 15 various kinds of ships for our guild twice a week and I just checked them all yesterday after a little over 2 days of sitting and everything is ok, normal, slightly worn. Perhaps someone just recalled to the boat but forgot to double click a mooring rope or the tillerman to refresh? That's easy to do, I've done it with my fisherman several times, I always just recall in and out and I remember one time I happened to look and whoa, greatly worn. and I'd been on the ship every day. oops, heh heh

Pandora Spocks likes this.
  8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I used to keep much of my stuff in the hold from fishing. And one day I left it somewhere near the Western Serpent Pillar then the next day when I logged in to retrieve my stuff (one of the items was a yellow polka dot bikini)..... my ship was gone. Vanished without a trace.

After that I just never leave my boat out. I was upset and angry since I had used the special 2tone paint dye on the boat and everything. Rather irritated... and I know it was fully refreshed... but whatever... rather made me not care about fishing much anymore. I hate that I have to lose loyalty in fishing to cancel the quest all the time so you know I just kinda quit getting them... Slowly the "joy" of much of the game seems to be dwindling as more and more becomes frustrating and it just takes the joy away.. eventually I think I might reach the point where there is so little in the game that is enjoyable that I just quit playing altogether.

9. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Did you go to one of the dock Harbor Masters and get a rune and try?

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  10. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yes. Even had a GM search for it. The Boat was NO WHERE to be found. Like it totally vanished.

The tell tale way to find out if your boat is gone for sure. Place another in the water. If it lets you put in a new boat. Yours is gone.

Kirthag likes this.
  11. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

Ayuh, lost my original SV Goode Ship Lollipop to that same bug. I still had the rune and tried to recall, but nope - then rune went *poof*. It was "attached" to my lighthouse, but nope - not listed. Hopped a ride on a friend's little dragon boat to the floating docks, nope, NPC said I didn't have a boat. Tried to place new one, nope. Said I had a boat. Spent a week waiting on a GM for my page, never showed. *sigh*

I've since moved shards, and that seems to have cleared it out or reset it or something for I can now place boats on Pacific - but I dry dock them whenever I log out. It is nice having a home by the sea...

12. MalagAste

Yeah I never leave a boat out anymore. Since losing that I've never gotten another bikini... Just kinda took away my "love" of fishing... perhaps one day I might get it back but as of late I have a distaste of it. I think a large part of that though is that Rascal isn't around anymore.

13. Naitch

Naitch Journeyman

I had my own scare around Christmas last year. But not due to decay. I purchased the captain's bundle code from the ea gamestore and placed my new Britainnian ship at the docks in Vesper. After navigating through the mob of serpents and water elementals ( aggravating topic for another day) I lost connection at sea. When I logged back in I was standing on the docks where I placed but I could not use my rune to recall to my boat.

Luckily GM Stethum answered my call for help and was able to locate my ship. It had continued to sail right into the coast by the Orc Fort in Cove.....

My advice would be to dry dock any ship you deem to be too important (Britainnia or Orc or whatever) to lose.
    I now use tokuna ships for quests and such. So even if something does happen, I can replace it easier than the ones I mentioned.