1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the training aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Warning on new grass tiles

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Katrena, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I tried to combine old stacked grass tiles with the new tiles we got for Christmas in the chest located at West Britain bank. When I tested adding one new grass tile to a bag with a stack of old grass tiles, it added and stacked. Then I put a stack of new and old together and dropped it into the chest. The new stack only added one grass tile to the old stack and I lost the remaining new tiles.

2. ambrossia

ambrossia Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Something's up with the old tiles. I have an character with old grass and snow tiles still in their holiday bag. Every time I try to drop the bag into one of my chests or bank box, the tiles get dumped into my backpack instead. There's no way I can remove them from my backpack!

3. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Careful moving them in and out of bank boxes, in the trade window, or when you're not standing in a house. Especially if you're close to max weight, close to 125 items in pack/175 in bank, or if the stack is sufficiently big (400+), I've had entire stacks disappear.

4. Grazz't1970

Grazz't1970 Journeyman

When did this game get all buggy and weird?!?!

Stubentiger, grimiz and CovenantX like this.
  5. CovenantX

CovenantX Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's UO.. it's always been buggy!

6. Grazz't1970

Grazz't1970 Journeyman

Covenantx with a swing and a miss on the sarcasm....

7. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

1998 was when i first noticed it

8. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

Sometime around 1997

9. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The grass tile thing is uncalled for, they made those bugs intentionally. IIRC it all started when they fixed it where they couldnt be set down or put on a pack animal...another of those "fixes" which no one understands why they did.

MalagAste likes this.
  10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Believe it's part of making them so you can't put them above a certain height in game... guessing people were using them as some sort of exploit of something... at any rate it was dumb... and even more annoying if you are on Pacific and you drop all your grass tiles in the box and make them stack and then transfer them to Atl or where ever you go... and take all your tiles there and drop them in the box the tiles from Pac won't stack with the tiles from Atl... Now... If you transfer all your tiles from Pac without stacking them first and stack them on Atl when you get there they will stack ...... but... it costs you 100's of slots in transferring them all 1 by 1...

And if you try to "re" drop them into the container on the new shard thinking that this will "refresh" them for that shard No it won't work... so I now have 52 different stack of grass tiles which won't stack together because I stacked them all on different shards and brought them over to GLs... And I can't drop them back in the box and make them stack into the 4 piles they should be in. So much for that box helping you with stacking eh?

11. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And yet we still have a lot of players who see nothing wrong with our programming...

I transferred some fireworks banners to atlantic from Legends to sell, and they wont go on a vendor lol. I KNOW they aren't dupes, my chars collected them all...oh well

MalagAste likes this.
  12. Katrena

Katrena Sage

That is strange! I buy grass tiles on Atlantic and I have always dropped them in the box to make them stack before I transfer them to Chesapeake. The transferred grass tiles have always stacked with the ones I have on Chesapeake.

13. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Wish mine did... but they never do... I got tired of bringing back more piles that refused to stack so I quit doing it.

14. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

the new tiles already stack why would you need to drop them in the chest to convert them?

and all the new tiles auto shoot back into your pack because you are not allowed to drop them anywhere other than in a bank or in a secure or in a house or in trade.

i don't find it overly complicated.

15. Katrena

Katrena Sage

It's not complicated at all. The old tiles stack and the new tiles stack, they just don't stack together. If you want 8 separate stacks of 4 types of grass tiles, then that's fine. I didn't want 8 stacks, so I figured out how to get the 4 new grass tiles to combine with the 4 original grass tiles.

16. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

ah, k, now i hear what your putting down.