1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WARNING... Please read

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Decadence, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Lately people have been asking for heals around the bank, then getting themselves killed (or Gwhacked?) and the person who healed will get guard whacked. Sometimes even going gray and becoming lootable (have not verified this part, but have seen some people complain they lost items)
    Another one is when they ask for In LOR (nightsight)
    If anyone asks for a heal, or nightsight unfortunately be mean :/

#1 Decadence, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. dennislcf

dennislcf Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for info. better dont heal anyone in bank right now

3. Adeka

Adeka Sage

Thanks for the heads up Decadence! I am of the "help everybody" ilk, so this is good to know! :)

4. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Been there, got killed last week. Wonder how that works and why.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Moving this to UHall for a wider audience

6. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

Is it just me,or are there a lot of things that are borked in UO as of late?

7. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

A couple weeks ago I visited a friend on his trammel magincia house but he was afk... so I cast "bless" on him and I got the msg saying that Guards can be called on me (i dont remember the exact msg) so i tried it, said "guards" and got whacked lol
    Sooo its some bug about "beneficial spells" casted in guard zones. Im not surprised, the last "bug fix publish" introduced so many new bugs.

8. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It doesn't work with everyone. It's happened to me before and i immediately gave a night site/bless to other people to see if it was a bug with everyone.

Best i can figure it has something to do with stealing but i don't have a theif to experiment.

9. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I had a similar thing happen to me. Was training Poisoning using apples. I would put the apple on the ground after each keg I used and got a new apple. Someone ate the apple I put on the ground, they got poisoned, and I got guard wacked. XD

10. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This is literally as old as UO itself. Their name is clearly grey, just don't cast beneficial spells on grey names.

Magdalene and Lord Frodo like this.
  11. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This isn't the case. These are blue characters in tram rulesets, like Luna. Players do not turn grey in those rulesets anymore.

12. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I cant say for sure, but I remember them adding this into a pub some time back. I may be wrong. This used to be used at busy banks to kill people for laughs. It was supposed to be changed to work how you just said to discourage unsavory play in non-pvp areas. Kinda took the fun out of it. I mean, who eats food off the floor at a bank? Have some self respect and at least eat something fresh lol.

However, there is still a way to kill people in Luna (or anywhere for that matter) that will not get you flagged and is not a bug like the OP has created. Alas, that secret will belong to me and a few guild mates since it is amusing to do every so often for shoots and giggles (Hey, since they have made it so easy to survive without ever having to go to Fel, we have to devise ways to kill outside of Fel).

#12 cdavbar, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  13. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have cast heal and lor spells on players in Tram and gotten the warning so yes it is still there.

14. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Maybe that's the key, they do not turn grey but they are still flaget crim. Can a thief get guard wacked, when stealing from chests in Trammel? If they can, a player healing them may become crim too. If the grey color not show, this may be the reason.

15. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You're not understanding me.

I know it's still there as i've gotten guardwacked due to it recently myself. I was replying to the person saying their names are clearly grey. They are not clearly grey. They are blue, because in tram rulesets, players do not turn grey anymore.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  16. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I know that shortly after stealing (errr borrowing) off of the zealots in the exodus dungeon, I cannot recall out for a couple of minutes due to my being "criminalized". I do show as blue still, but apparently am considered a criminal.

Lorddog likes this.
  17. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I've seen it happen countless times over the years, and as recently as last week. They are indeed grey. What they are doing is turning grey in Fel and coming to tram while still flagged. I would say I'd take a screenshot but I've no doubt you'll still argue, so I'm not going to bother.

18. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I don't argue sir, i debate.

It's impossible to flag crim in fel and go to tram. I tried every way possible and still got the intended message, "Thou'rt a criminal and cannot escape so easily".

The Zog historian likes this.
  19. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

No you really, absolutely don't. Stick to Fel if you need to kill other players.

Mr. Plod likes this.
  20. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If that is the case then you're wrong that people can't flag in Tram anymore. As I have stated, I have seen grey players in Luna, and recently. Just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean it can't be done.

Also, you may want to look up the definition of an argument before you start nitpicking details to avoid legitimate topics.

21. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

What about teleporters between houses and crystal portals?

22. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Then when you figure out how I kill outside of Fel, go cry to the developers, until then, watch your back :)

23. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

No Offense...But... I gotta ask, are you a non-pvper or are you a pvper that isn't good enough to actually kill people by Pvping?

FYI: Usually bugs that allow you to do stuff like this, are more likely possible to have action taken on your account. so if I were you (since you claim to be one of the people who does this...) I'd watch my back.

legendsguy likes this.
  24. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think, since this seems to be rapidly turning into discussion of an exploit, I better lock it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.