1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Warrior Head Slot, After New Publish

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Apr 16, 2013.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I am curious as to what my fellow warrior/dexer players are going to put in their characters' head slots now. Glasses may not be the best option for most anymore.

-Galen's player

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What is the result of metal armor plus the glasses stamina loss wise? Id imagine its decent. No doubt much better than leather.

3. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

5 pieces of metal armor + glasses should already give max stamina protection, same as 6 pieces of metal armor. You only lose 1 slot for refinements.

G.v.P likes this.
  4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Which I personally will never use, so, np.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

aren't glasses medable?

6. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage

Yes, so the glasses don't give any extra Stamina Protection. However, the total Stamina Protection is determined only by the 5 out of 6 best pieces of armor. So AFAICT wearing 5 out of 6 pieces of metal/dragon armor, plus one piece of anything else, should be sufficient to reach max Stamina Protection.

(note that I haven't actually tested this, this is just my understanding of the Publish notes, so I might be wrong)

7. Padre Dante

Padre Dante Journeyman

I imagine the benefits of wearing Mace and Shield glasses still outweigh the benefits of a reforged/imbued metal helmet. Esp. if the 5/6 information is true. I remember it being 5/6 for the inherent LMC, but I don't recall if I ever saw anything in the stamina loss reduction language. But either way, I imagine M&S will continue to be headpiece of choice among warriors. A fraction of stamina loss reduction is not going to outweigh the HLD, Str, Dex, and resists given by M&S, IMHO.

8. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed

I sure hope there will be a new medium armor artifact (crown or something) in the new theme pack with comparable stats as the mace and shield glasses :)

9. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

So an Anti Mage Armor mod that turns med gear into non med gear is called for.

Shakkara likes this.
  10. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

There is something a tad depressing that the best option for warriors is still glasses.

-Galen's player

11. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Yes, it is 5 out of 6 pieces for full stam protection.
    I run 5 pieces of reforged metal armour and Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie on my fighter and she gets full stamina protection.

12. Padre Dante

Padre Dante Journeyman

I agree with you Galen. Having said that, if a PvM warrior really wanted to go metal helmet over glasses, I think that the Helm of Vengeance could be viable. It would probably mean adding HLD to weapons (prob. in place of either Hit Stamina Leech or Swing Speed Increase) and re-tooling most of the suit (armor and jewelry). If you were starting a whole new suit, you could factor in the benefits of the HoV, but it definitely couldn't be a straight up replacement for M&S in existing uber sampire suits.

13. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage

Well, there is another option for increased LMC:

5 pieces of metal armor + 1 bone helmet

This armor should give:

- Max stamina protection from the 5 metal pieces
    - +7% LMC from 1 bone and 4 metal pieces, which is better than the +5% LMC from full metal armor

But I'm not an expert in warrior artifacts, so I don't know if the bone helmet artifacts are still any good nowadays.

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I took a step back in time and based my new suit around ancient samurai helm and violet courage. I'm probably wrong to do that, but they're easily available to me, being already stuffed in a box in my house :D Remainder of the suit is a mix of chain, ring and plate in val and agapite. Now looking for some refinement components to make use of the overshoot I got on physical and fire resists.

15. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

One also could Imbue or Reforge something good in the head slot.

But the point is that ultimately the armor change didn't change what was the most-visible part of the armor problem. Combine this with the robe wearing thing.....And at the end of the day the game still looks the same, and changes that began with aesthetic concerns ultimately didn't matter for the aesthetics.

Oh well.

-Galen's player

Padre Dante likes this.
  16. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

You're not necessarily wrong to do that but you will have to use 500k in order to remove mage armor from those pieces, unless you are not interested in the Stamina damage block.

-Galen's player

17. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, I've done that. It seemed worth it to me, but then I freely admit that I don't really understand how to balance all the various properties on armor.

18. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

It will remain this way for warrior headgear until they add HLD to other items than glasses.

19. StonewallGL

StonewallGL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

For my gargoyle warriors there are no better options than glasses. It's either glasses or earrings. There is no way for gargoyles to take advantage of the stam/lmc benefit for the head slot (or the neck slot for that matter).