1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Was anything changed recently to in-game customer service (GameMasters)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Dec 13, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    I have noticed a post where a player losing a pet in Shame mentions paging for a Game Master and getting in-game assistance quite fastly.

Of course that is music to the ears of a player, and very good news.....
    My question is, whether this was a one of a kind coincidence or whether players are actually getting their pages fastly answered and receiving in-game customer assistance within reasonable time from paging.

My personal experience from a few months back was horrible. I was hit by the ship rune bug and could not locate my ship. I paged every day for almost a week, refreshing my page at server up from maintainance and never got any in-game assistance, not even a message from a Game Master. Eventually I was lucky enough to bump into my ship by myself before it decayed but I was widely upset by the lack of in-game assistance I experienced in my case.

Anyone else can offer their recent experience with in-game customer assistance ?
    Is the service now more efficient and better functioning ?

Trying to understand if anything was changed to it recently.

Thank you very much.
  2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Dec 18, 2010
    Hi popps... I don't know if anything has actually changed, but I think one of the news reporters recently mentioned that the GMs have been more active lately. All I know is that the couple of times I've paged for in-game assistance, the GMs who responded were very professional, friendly, and solved my problems for me. Personally, I have no complaints.
  3. Sauteed Onion

Oct 23, 2011
    I believe one of my first posts here was about how dreadfully awful my page was handled (recently). I think it was the main reason I even made a stratics account was to share my HORRIBLE experience.

Anyhow, since that time, I've paged 3 other times, and each of those 3 other times the response time was extremely quick, and they got me taken care of to the best of their ability, and in 2 cases exceeding my expectations. So I must say something happened, and it was good.
  4. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    Flies and Honey. Part has to do with how a request is worded. Clear and to the point. Some have a habit of paging and sounding like a rant and the real issue gets fuzzy.