1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Was cleaning up the shelves in my office and found this

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jaashua, Oct 14, 2011.

1. jaashua

jaashua Guest

I've always loved this artwork because, for me, it always represented what the game was and should be about. Soldiers, wizards, archers, merchants....fighting lizardmen and ogres and dragons and harpies......things none of us would now bother with on our way to fighting paragon lava lizards and pastel cu sidhes.

And, frankly, the majesty of this artwork, which clearly inspired UO's design, is a major reason why the 3D client still trails far behind the 2D client in appearance.

Anyway, I'm going to get this framed.
  2. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

Nice, I got one of those as well + the pin !!

P.S. I totally agree with ya. UO should be that pic, plain and simple.
  3. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I have my original pin and cloth map, but no box.... I also have the CD case with my activation code, but I can't seem to find the CD.... probably stacked in with my 'naughty' stuff! ;)
  4. Splup

Splup Guest

Yes that picture is very inspiring, and it brings back a lot of memories. But yeah, UO took a different path long time ago.
  5. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 28, 2009
    I still have all of this. Although for me its at my parents house still. The map the pin the artwork. It does feel good to get a bit of swag with your game.