1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

was wondering on OLDE char names.......

Discussion in 'UHall' started by THP, Jun 13, 2013.

1. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

WELL ITS LIKE THIS .........ive got a few really old chars..names like minax ..mondain...jou'nar etc etc.. that was allowed in years gone by...i know u cant make the names now.....so whats the score....will a GM pull me up...will he/she say its ok...because the chars were made 13/14 years ago...or will he/she give me a free name change token if its not ok......i aint done nothing wrong..these names were allowed years ago....only some JELOUS ''troll'' said they were gonna page on the named chars and they would be deleted...LOL...whats the crack ..jack..

#1 THP, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  2. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Well I can tell you one thing that might set your mind at ease.. when a GM / Dev looks at your char they get a screen that gives them your account info and that includes that characters date of creation... if I am remembering what I was told correctly.
    I have seen many on shards with names that were ok back in the day but now would be suspect or out right a no no. I'd say contact Mesanna if your worried and give her their names and a small explanation of what's bugging you.

3. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

i can tell you EXACTLY what will happen to you.
    cause its happened to me!
    they will come and haul you off to the GM Prison and there they will put a mark on your account and change your name to a randomly generated name from the game.
    you will have no say in the matter or anything.
    you can argue till your blue in the face.
    by playing the game you agree to the rules that they put in governing the game.

welcome to the club!

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I had a character named "A Mongbat" and a gm changed it when I was offline. Just logged on and my A was gone. Was super lame.

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I sincerely doubt that they will mark your account. Most they might do is simply rename your character. But with names that old, really can't say if they will do that. Those really old names you aren't exactly widely known anymore (except for Minax, maybe).

#5 Viper09, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  6. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Come up with some backup names if u intend to leave ur house & start playing the chars. Some GMs will ask u for a new name but if u don't have one the second they ask, enjoy ur new npc name. They don't mark ur account unless the names are fairly offensive. They may mark ur account if u mouth off to them when they call you out. Its been my understanding that GMs won't interfere unless someone pages, they don't actively hunt down names. I love my 'I Did Your Mom's Teddybear' (holiday gift) but I'm sure his name wouldn't last long if he ever came outta hiding :D

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone who reports you for a name really needs to get a life outside of UO.

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

You sure they have a RL or can handle it? :p

9. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was in a dark corner of Ilsh for hours alone. They snatch you to jail. They random spawn NPCs of your characters sex. And you say stop at a name that you like or get sick of seeing lame names. 6 years of active play on the character and some stealther with their undies in a bundle paged?

#9 Warpig Inc, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  10. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I too have an olde character named Lady Minax, and do not want the name changed.

I wondering what happens if during the next grand story arc if the main character's name is Bob (or Sue, or whatever). Will the GM's go around forcing random name changes on everyone who has the name Bob?

AppleJax likes this.
  11. THP

THP Stratics Legend

interesting.....lets hope the jelous troll gets real life then....and stops the childish ..im gonna page on you for that cool name