1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Water Barrels Decay Now?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mapper, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've had a small 'city' wall if you like of water barrels for a while now, Logged in few weeks ago and they were gone. So I placed half of them back and put a barrel elsewhere as a 'test' to see If a player was removing them or they were decaying, Well all the barrels disappeared again, Including the test.

Has anyone noticed this? I know EA made it so you could axe them, but I never read they made them decay.

Oh and this isn't like a server up decay, The second lot I placed stayed around for a week or so.

2. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Considering the hundreds and hundreds I've destroyed on my server in the past month I'd say no. Probably just someone running around chopping them up. I try to leave peoples "walls", "fences" and arrows alone and only destroy ones left over from fallen houses but others probably wouldn't.

3. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I see them as a blight on the landscape, and would not tarry to destroy any I came across.

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

There was a change a couple of publishes ago - they do decay now.

5. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That does not surprise me. Some people take pride in their towns and I think it's lovely they try use whatever mechanic they can to make their town better. Along with the banners the EMs do it would be nice to have town walls available, Make them passable of course so there is no issues.

Thanks! Saves me adding them again. :D

6. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If that's true why have the ones I've been destroying been around for at least half a decade?

7. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I thought the change was that they could be "axed" when full, without requiring emptying.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Not positive - but it may be a pre-patch/post-patch issue as we have seen many times over the years, or it may be as Kiminality described above. I'm not sure of the details since I do not mess with them - but I do remember something being mentioned about a change on them.

9. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, they were changed so they no longer block house placement and so that they were destroyable with an axe. Previously you had to empty all the water and pick up the barrel.