1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Waterstained SOS

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Atlantic Smith, Oct 29, 2010.

1. I've been fishing these up again and instead of getting prechest loot I've just been fishing the chest up the first time for the past 17-18 sos's. If I fish up the chest should I even stay to attempt to get more stuff or just move on to the next one?

Also anyone else been having issues with getting Ancient sos? I opened 40-50 MIB's and no Ancient sos's.

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I opened 50 mibs today and got three asos out of them. So a normal ratio for me this far.

I had the feeling, that you are getting less pre chest loot these days. But you still get them at a high enough rate. (Thought it may take a while before you get all the new pieces and before the demand for them decreases too much.)

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I am at the spot, but I all I am getting is fish... ideas?

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

nm, I figured it out. UO Cartographer for some reason is off on the very top/bottom of the map. Had to resort to a sextant to find treasure.

5. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

No issues here. Opened 20 today and got 2 asos.

6. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Random = Random... opened up 18 MIB's yesterday and got none...

Opened up 5 a while back and got 2... just goes to show...

7. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Opened 57 mibs and got 2 asos. Did 55 SOS yesterday and 2 ASOS today and even the Lvl 1 SOS had better loot in them than either of the ASOSs I did today. Only thing better in the ASOSs was 40K gold and a white fishing net in each. SAD

8. aalbiel

aalbiel Guest

I used to think it mattered being further off the numbers of the sos. If I wanted prechest loot I would stop several tiles off (8 I think) and fish right at the edge of where I caught fish. Might be my superstition, and I've just come back to game, but I remember it working that way in past.