1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

We got the portal to Buc Den

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by FrejaSP, Feb 12, 2015.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

It had never ever before been on Siege.

[​IMG]

Mish o sha likes this.
  2. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

wow - When?

3. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

no idea, it was not there a few days ago

4. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

That's cool thanks for letting us know about it.

5. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

I was actually looking for that portal a couple of weeks ago out of curiosity lol, Good find Freja.

6. FrejaSP

When Siege was born, they decided not to add it to make it a little harder for reds, as they only had Buc Den bank and north side of Yew bank. A few year later, we got a moongate like all the other shards, so there was no reason for the portal not to be there too.

Now reds are rare on Siege and they can go to any town and bank, so there is no reason it should not be there.

7. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Thank you for posting

8. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought we always had it - now I remember before siege opened I played catskills and it was there that I remember it from :0

9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Buccs Den on Siege has really never been the hot spot it was on the production shards. Probably since the whole shard is run like the prodo shard Buccs Den. I do like though since it makes Cove a little more accessible for us non-mages...la

10. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

I've been using it since I came back...didn't know it wasn't there before.

11. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Bucs den sucks for PvP because it's all server lines.

Lord Gandalf, DJAd and Bo Bo like this.
  12. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Where is it located?

13. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

at the brit vesper minoc crossroads

14. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Does this mean I can't use the bucs den moongate as a jump off point anymore when I'm full of powerscrolls and arties?

15. TheScoundrelRico

Sure it does...then again, you might bump into someone else while you're there...la

16. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

And I'll give you a quick guess as to how much clothing they'll be wearing when you "bump" in to each other........

17. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Yay. Another easy button for siege. Make it an east coast prodo server and be done with it.

18. FrejaSP

What diff do it do, Siege already have a moongate on Siege, this portal is far away from anything anyway

19. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I guess there's no difference. Just another snowball rolled down a slippery slope. Hard to claim there are more differences than similarities to the prodo servers these days.

20. FrejaSP

When Siege was up first time before the wipe, alot joined the shard. Then they Wiped it and added several rules, that made alot of the players choose not to rejoin the shard. Why did they do that? Because trammies feeled reds would have it to easy.

The Siege rules as they was the first year:
    1. No stat loss - all the other shards did still have stat loss. - This rule was fine for Siege
    2. No recall. - At the time it was made, it was fine, now we could remove it, just add a delay of 10-15 sec, where it could be interrupted
    3. No gating in and out of of dungeon. - This one is ok as it stop reds from jump from level to level on their killing trip
    4. Only one char on an account - With soulstones, this could be removed, at least allow 3-4 chars
    5. Red and grey can't kick/ban from houses. - This rule was gone, when we got customising houses.
    6. Red and grey will clean the ban list in houses, they are friend of, when they use the door. - This rule was gone, when we got customising houses.
    7. NPC vendors take 3X the price for their wares. - I think we could remove this rule, no much need for it.
    8. NPC won't buy your wares - they did sell resources the first years. This rule I like as it is good for the economy
    9 Player vendors take 3X fee for working. - This one are gone and that is a good thing
    10. The murderer title is gone for good. - the murderer title was still on normal shards for several years
    11. No bounty system - Gone on all shards now
    12. Guards at the houses is peacefull, they do not attack reds. - There was some plans about guards in player houses on all shard, think it was dropped before it hit the shards
    13. RoT, Rate over Time skill gain for non resourse using skills. - It started as 0 in skills and trust me it was slow so we had alot archers and mages as that was not RoT skills. I don't think anyone want to get rid of the RoT version we have now
    14. No Trammel. Maybe we should have the trammel facet as Mugen have, as it would make coding easier for devs and give us New Haven for newbies.

I would like a debat about, what we should keep of this old rules and what to let go.
    I know, no recall, only one char slot stop alot from playing here. We have less than 10 reds at the moment, so a few more of them would not hurt.
    If people want to make their own armor, they have the skills on stones, but making stuff is time eating too, so I believe players still would buy their items from vendors.

I really only care about keeping RoT, PvP on all facet, no item insurance and vendor not buy and not sell resources. I did not mind to see gems, regs removed from the vendors if the drop on low level monsters, from gathering and mining was increased.

If we could draw more of the PvP minded players to Siege, it would be worth it.

#20 FrejaSP, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  21. TheScoundrelRico

Honestly, I don't think PvPers from the production shards are coming. They've grown too accustomed to insurance. They've learned how to extend their templates and create really awesome suits they don't have to worry about losing when they die.

Spend some time on a production shard and take a look at what they are wearing. It would amaze you if you haven't done that.

The people we need to attract will be the old time PvPers. At least the ones that can get over the AoS expansion...la

kelmo likes this.
  22. Silent Singer

Freja et al,

Several of us were talking in chat the other night about the upcoming expansion and how this might be a good time to join together and request a little siege love from dev. Maybe we should take some of the points raised here to a separate thread for a shard wide discussion.

We can argue out our issues for and against different points related to siege, clean it up a little, and send it off to the developers through different forums maybe?

23. TheScoundrelRico

Huh? I have been to active at Stratics so I haven't heard anything about this. Link please...la

24. Silent Singer

25. TheScoundrelRico

Oh goody, more flowing dresses and a wider selections of beards. I just I'll be keeping my thief skills in the bank on soul stones. :( ...la