In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by FrejaSP, Feb 12, 2015.
It had never ever before been on Siege.
wow - When?
no idea, it was not there a few days ago
That's cool thanks for letting us know about it.
I was actually looking for that portal a couple of weeks ago out of curiosity lol, Good find Freja.
When Siege was born, they decided not to add it to make it a little harder for reds, as they only had Buc Den bank and north side of Yew bank. A few year later, we got a moongate like all the other shards, so there was no reason for the portal not to be there too.
Now reds are rare on Siege and they can go to any town and bank, so there is no reason it should not be there.
Thank you for posting
I thought we always had it - now I remember before siege opened I played catskills and it was there that I remember it from :0
Buccs Den on Siege has really never been the hot spot it was on the production shards. Probably since the whole shard is run like the prodo shard Buccs Den. I do like though since it makes Cove a little more accessible for us non-mages...la
I've been using it since I came back...didn't know it wasn't there before.
Bucs den sucks for PvP because it's all server lines.
Where is it located?
at the brit vesper minoc crossroads
Does this mean I can't use the bucs den moongate as a jump off point anymore when I'm full of powerscrolls and arties?
Sure it does...then again, you might bump into someone else while you're there...la
And I'll give you a quick guess as to how much clothing they'll be wearing when you "bump" in to each other........
Yay. Another easy button for siege. Make it an east coast prodo server and be done with it.
What diff do it do, Siege already have a moongate on Siege, this portal is far away from anything anyway
I guess there's no difference. Just another snowball rolled down a slippery slope. Hard to claim there are more differences than similarities to the prodo servers these days.
When Siege was up first time before the wipe, alot joined the shard. Then they Wiped it and added several rules, that made alot of the players choose not to rejoin the shard. Why did they do that? Because trammies feeled reds would have it to easy.
The Siege rules as they was the first year:
1. No stat loss - all the other shards did still have stat loss. - This rule was fine for Siege
2. No recall. - At the time it was made, it was fine, now we could remove it, just add a delay of 10-15 sec, where it could be interrupted
3. No gating in and out of of dungeon. - This one is ok as it stop reds from jump from level to level on their killing trip
4. Only one char on an account - With soulstones, this could be removed, at least allow 3-4 chars
5. Red and grey can't kick/ban from houses. - This rule was gone, when we got customising houses.
6. Red and grey will clean the ban list in houses, they are friend of, when they use the door. - This rule was gone, when we got customising houses.
7. NPC vendors take 3X the price for their wares. - I think we could remove this rule, no much need for it.
8. NPC won't buy your wares - they did sell resources the first years. This rule I like as it is good for the economy
9 Player vendors take 3X fee for working. - This one are gone and that is a good thing
10. The murderer title is gone for good. - the murderer title was still on normal shards for several years
11. No bounty system - Gone on all shards now
12. Guards at the houses is peacefull, they do not attack reds. - There was some plans about guards in player houses on all shard, think it was dropped before it hit the shards
13. RoT, Rate over Time skill gain for non resourse using skills. - It started as 0 in skills and trust me it was slow so we had alot archers and mages as that was not RoT skills. I don't think anyone want to get rid of the RoT version we have now
14. No Trammel. Maybe we should have the trammel facet as Mugen have, as it would make coding easier for devs and give us New Haven for newbies.
I would like a debat about, what we should keep of this old rules and what to let go.
I know, no recall, only one char slot stop alot from playing here. We have less than 10 reds at the moment, so a few more of them would not hurt.
If people want to make their own armor, they have the skills on stones, but making stuff is time eating too, so I believe players still would buy their items from vendors.
I really only care about keeping RoT, PvP on all facet, no item insurance and vendor not buy and not sell resources. I did not mind to see gems, regs removed from the vendors if the drop on low level monsters, from gathering and mining was increased.
If we could draw more of the PvP minded players to Siege, it would be worth it.
Honestly, I don't think PvPers from the production shards are coming. They've grown too accustomed to insurance. They've learned how to extend their templates and create really awesome suits they don't have to worry about losing when they die.
Spend some time on a production shard and take a look at what they are wearing. It would amaze you if you haven't done that.
The people we need to attract will be the old time PvPers. At least the ones that can get over the AoS expansion...la
Freja et al,
Several of us were talking in chat the other night about the upcoming expansion and how this might be a good time to join together and request a little siege love from dev. Maybe we should take some of the points raised here to a separate thread for a shard wide discussion.
We can argue out our issues for and against different points related to siege, clean it up a little, and send it off to the developers through different forums maybe?
Huh? I have been to active at Stratics so I haven't heard anything about this. Link please...la
There you go Rico!
Oh goody, more flowing dresses and a wider selections of beards. I just I'll be keeping my thief skills in the bank on soul stones. ...la