1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

We have deer and bear masks. We need more

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hinotori, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I want some different mask hats in game. How about wolf, drake, panther, boura, and probably others.

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

I've always liked this idea, but don't think now is the right time to implement it, considering there are hundreds of other things the developers could fix and improve first that would have a much more significant impact on the game.

3. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

I remember bear masks being the main floor deco back in the day :p

4. Capt. Lucky

That's never stopped them in the past! Need a green fire place?

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Boura rug.... that might be cool.

I agree 100% but first I want the masks and hats to be treated like "armor" and not like clothes. As it is now you can make them with a barbed runic kit but it's a waste of a charge because they are treated like clothes instead of armor and get NO property bonus from a barbed kit. Which to me is extremely sad.

6. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Art assets don't take much in the way of "dev" time, just the time of the artist.

I'd love to know what Onifirk does at this point, as the volume of new art per patch is tiny/nonexistent except for around anniversary and Christmastime.

However, adding new wearables to the CC is probably never going to happen since they lost the original character models to build it on.

7. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Adding new art, certainly does take developer time. Tile art properties, house add-on plugins, naming...some or all of these tasks have to be done just as "new art" housekeeping, not to mention whatever additional tasks are required to make whatever that art is actually function the way it's supposed to.

In 2014 approximately 264 pieces of tile art were added, as well as ~20+ pieces of gump art.

That all being said, new wearables is something we've been wanting to add for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if you saw some in future publishes :)

8. Dot_Warner

Is the 264 number comprised of different facings? If so, then the real number of new pieces of art is significantly smaller.

9. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Different facings as well as different animation frames where applicable.

10. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

While your feeling chatty @Kyronix would you possibly be able to look into making HATS something that works like Armor instead of clothes? Since honestly WTF good is it to make a tribal mask if you can't really give it any properties with reforging or anything since it isn't something you can do with a runic kit.

You can Imbue it and that is it but it's base properties are so pathetic why would you?

Kyronix likes this.
  11. Dot_Warner

Animations I'll grant, but the different facings.. no. The art is already done, its just being flipped in most cases. The new angle doesn't reveal something that wasn't previously seen.

Flagg likes this.
  12. Capt. Lucky

You seem a little cranky lately Dot :p

13. Capt. Lucky

The more I think about art.... where my toilet? :D

14. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

HINTORI WANTS A CHICKEN HAT

Hinotori likes this.
  15. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Oops... :embarrassed:

RetroDeco.jpg

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  16. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There are plenty of players that would gladly take up some of that work for free..me being one of them in my free time. :) UO Art Liaison (has a nice ring to it)
    Then all you would have to do is scan the "black area" to check compatibility and assign an itemID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste likes this.
  17. MalagAste

This. There are 100's of players who would do this..... who are skilled enough to do it... and who are devoted enough to care and put their heart in it. Had they opened it up 5 ..... 8 years ago we wouldn't be having this conversation the job would be done already.