1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

We may want to discuss this issue.....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How do we as a shard feel about this? Should we fight to keep this change off of Siege?

Here is a discussion about it on UoHall.
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=134773

2. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I was always against it during my Wakayama/Yamamoto days, only because it exploited a bug in the code to allow it to happen. Entire guilds have been banned for certain exploits, so it always bothered me.

Currently it's a non-issue for me...

3. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I already posted in the assorted threads when this first showed up yesterday. I TRIED to insert it into the board pvp thread here too, yesterday, but they were too busy playing board pvp gods to notice the FOF will affect us all...or to notice this geriatric old woman... had seen a threat posted to OUR shard way of life, and playing, here for all of us...to pay attention. I think it is the wrong way to *fix* or handle issues in the game per shard, esp HERE.

Nuff said...I posted this a fix for them that whine about champ spawns instead of fixing the issues they gonna do some publish or patch that literally tears us all apart from our own allies..of EVERY guild here on Siege too..and beyond. And since everyone is too busy BOARD PVPING they not voicing any opinions about it...too busy trash talkin to notice this apparent forced separation of allies of us all, will affect US ALL.

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Then why can they not FIX the issues or bugs instead of doing this ??

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The only reason this is an issue for TDO is, the stupid factions items, remove them and TDO would not need to split in 2 guilds.

As it is now, we can't be a PvP guild without being in faction as we have no chance vs this factions items.

I refuse to join the whole guild to faction, as that will be to hard for our youngest and our crafters and I hate the fact, that EA try to force us to join faction, when I never liked faction and hate the day it was added to Siege.

As the active factions PvP'ers in TDO moved to [V], I'm going to drop faction for TDO+ and move the members left back to TDO*

Sadly this may make TDO lose a few more members who not want to drop faction, I'm sorry for that.

6. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

We do not need this on siege.

7. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Its not that we didnt notice, its that we don't care. Maybe if you didnt ramble on about your kids or your stupid ****in dogs for paragraphs everytime you post, people might start reading what you have to say.

IMO they should get rid of the entire alliance system. Make a guild stand on its own and decide if it wants to be factions or not.

8. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Not all guilds are based soley on pvp. Some of us appreciate what non-combatants bring to our guilds. It will not affect those of us who pvp at all; we wills till share map and vent. It changes nothing on the field other than the fact we will have to be a bit more careful in the use of field spells. It will cut off people who do not fight, who do not run vent, and who do not run map.

P.S.

My kid is watching TV and eating some cookies I just pulled outta the oven and my dog is licking his own balls!

9. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

This is reason enough for me.

10. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

As long as its not the other way around, then who gives a ****? If the situations reverse Im affraid youll have a hell of a time ever getting your kid out of his room.

11. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Well, I posted in that UHall thread, probably won't like it, but it makes sense. :(

12. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Honestly, for prodo shards I could care less.

For Siege, this is what is happening.

1. If you want to PVP or even have any chance of defending yourself in a pvp/pk encounter, you HAVE to be in factions because of faction artifacts.

2. If you want to be in factions, you HAVE to be separated from your "guildmates" "friends" whatever you want to call them from the in game alliance and chat system.

I don't like changes that force issues like this. If issue #1 was not present, I would care significantly less about issue #2. Or if reds weren't allowed in factions as they were originally set up, therefore I could not be pk'd by a faction member, I would also care a lot less about #1 or #2 - though I'm not in favor of this change.

13. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I think we should fight this change coming to Siege. I have a long history with this issue and have lost friendships, in part, due to this issue. The bottom line is that I don't want to have to allienate the other half of our guild. They need the ability to chat... to ask questions, say hello and call for assistance if necessary. Despite using Vent, many of the Vent users type in chat to avoid overtalking others in in Vent.

I guess if there is some way to preserve the alliance chat feature, fine, but otherwise, I cannot support this change. Then again, there is the issue of faction members, reds and non faction members having the ability to PvM together without harming each other.

Ultimately, I'd prefer the mixed alliance to be "legal" on Siege.

14. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

-FYI-

For the ones crying about communication being the issue:

UO has an in-game Chat system. You can make and password your own channel, which would make all communication excuses hmm, "invalid".

I just tried it, it's not that bad at all. When you click minimize, even gives you a nice, little icon that you can move to where ever you like.

In fact, we should start using it more, wouldn't it be great for say, me, to talk **** to you in game? *lol* I think so! Lets use this, when you're tired of people like me, you'll click back over to your private channel.

:bowdown:

15. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Newsflash: Just because you say something is "invalid" doesn't make it so.

No one is interested in using that archaic chat system.

16. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Hooo Rahhh! im all up for what sakey wants !

17. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

p.s. O.M.G.

p.s.s. Seriously.

18. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Newsflash: just because you have a schtick up your butt from not getting the support you want doesn't make your insinuations mean jack diddly dookie.

Get rid of the system.

non-factioners who are helping their factioners kill other factioners and exploiting the benefits of being allied needs to stop.

use the chat system in the game (or VENT, ICQ, AIM, MSN, YAHOO, WHO CARES) if your going to cry about the alliance chat feature.

Can't handle the heat of factions... then stay the **** out the kitchen.

19. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

As if your guild isn't guilty of it! Take your anger, bitterness and hatred elsewhere. :lick:

[​IMG]

20. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am online with my character Dee Lishus. I am logged in to the in game chat. Someone try to send me a message.

I know what happened last time someone did this. Let's see if the same thing happens now.

I'm in the 'general - felucca' conference. No one willing to test this thing with a simple 'hello'?

21. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I can understand where you and the rest of KoC find this to be beneficial but there alot more guilds on this shard that will be negatively affected by this. Does it really make a rats ass if you fight us as all myth chars, all TnT, or a mix of both? I'd say fielding a mixed sqaud hurts the people fielding it more than thier opponents. It makes all sorts of things more difficult. IMO they are trying to fix something that is not broken.

What they really need to fix is not being able to attack fellow faction members with your pets. This is siege; you should be able to DEFEND yourself if attacked. Anyone who has been here awhile knows that our politics are not shaped by what faction we are in; case in point our guilds are in the same faction and most definately are enemies.

22. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

We handle factions just fine; You are the ones who hopped into our faction and therefore are no longer orange to us. Why don't you stop exploiting the fact our dragons can not attack you when you raid our champ spawns. I can not belive you are complaining about the alliance system when you pull some of the garbage you do with factions.

That being said your guild is being quite honorable in faction sell backs; I do believe in giving credit where credit is due.

23. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

this one thinks only faction should fight faction. If you wish to fight in faction fights, then join factions. Otherwise, it is simply pvp.

24. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

cool the personal comments please guys.

And I'm still waiting for someone to test the validity of using in game chat by contacting me through it.

25. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

We will use it while its here, but if it leaves....We wouldnt give two ****s about it. But KoC has never had to hold hands with anyone to compete.

But the other guilds out there who need fellow babysitters to give em confidence in the field, I could understand how this might be a sensitive subject.

We understand, its tough to make it on your own....very few can manage such a brave task.

26. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Were not in your faction fruitcake!

Your in Ours!

27. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Kat - Posting screen shots of KOC's alliances doesn't really prove much these days. By posting them, you're still avoiding the simple truth of, none of us would care due to majority of our PvPers being in a faction. *See what I did there? 'a' faction*:D Please get over this pot-kettle phase you're in, and realize the change wouldn't hurt KOC. I know it messes up your play time, but you'll live and adapt.

BR - Don't post unless you're going to play. It's annoying as **** to KOC and the rest of this community.

Tibs - I posted more on UHall after reading JC's last post to me. I think DEVs should try and keep the non-faction and faction alliances going, but, add the friendly fire and bene acts to any non-faction player who enters combat in any way, shape, or form.

QZ - Am I still your scapegoat? I :heart: you, don't go.

General - After a little board PvP with JC the Builder on UHall, I get where he's coming from, but either way, a change on both Siege and Production shards wouldn't hurt. Unless, you truly need non-faction alliance members to help you compete as a factioner.

Anyhow, my last suggestion on UHall seemed pretty legit. *shrug*

:grouphug:

28. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

No offense but how long have you played siege? Combat has always crossed faction or red/blue divisions. We generally fight based on guild politics.

29. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I'm there with ya, Petra. I see Dee, but I'm not getting a response from you. lol

30. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

You need to get over the fact that your failing tamers can't attack us right now. Because I too, feel pets should be able to attack guild mates, alliance mates, and same faction.

You guys have no problems trying to gank my tamer when you see him. But, I don't ***** about it, more funny to see a bunch of TnT pop out and still fail.

Lets ignore the fact that we attack your PvPers (you don't just have tamers) at will. Lets ignore the real reason of these posts-TnT are mad that their tamers aren't able to play right now, to compensate for lack of skill from the rest of the guild. It's pretty obvious that you'd pull more kills/wins if the tamers were able to chime in. But like I said, I feel tamers should be able to all kill whomever they want and I'm sure it'll be changed to that sooner then later. Get some legitimate threads going on UHall, I'll be all for it.

31. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

If you must stroke your epeen publically, save it for an appropriate thread.

32. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

:love: Me and my "epeen" make valid points, get over it!

33. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I hate tamers in pvp myself but a tamer at a champ spawn being raided is not the same thing as gimping one around Luna. If you guys are so afraid of tamers then I would avoid LOW today; they came at us( no dragons till later on) with three greaters and we had forced them to withdraw in an even numbered fight. So I imagine KoC would have killed all 6 of them plus 3 dragons and **** down thier throats if all we could do was kill a couple and force withdrawl.

Lets not sidetrack the issue at hand though which happens to be screwing up the alliance system.

P.S.
    Elmer I was Commanding Lord of Minax before any of your guild was ever on siege! So get outta my faction!

34. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I posted that I agree that tamers should be able to attack anyone. Do you really think we're going to leave Minax when you can attack with your tamers? What's there to be afraid of? Because if tamers start posing any kind of threat, we'll just bring in a Discorder and problem solved.

FYI for all necro mages / necros with mages along side them: Evil Omen + Para on pets, work wonders.

35. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

"FYI for all necro mages / necros with mages along side them: Evil Omen + Para on pets, work wonders."

Thanks for the tip; I am working a necro temp now. If I could defend myself at champ spawns when on a tamer vs you guys then I could care less if you are in the same faction as me.

36. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I agree with this statement 100%. Simply put, lets get it changed.

37. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Im only going to activly start playin Siege from today but my opinion is that any exploit in game mechanincs needs to be fixed across the borad.

I dont know how that would affect siege as much as prodo but i just believe that nything that is as i said an exploit needs to be stopped...otherwise where do youo draw the line?

38. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

If the fight is about control of towns and other faction stuff, it should only be faction vs faction but it's not that simply.

You do have PK's and anti PK's who are in faction. If a crafter in a non faction guild (allied a faction guild) is attacked, he may call for help in alliance chat or vent/TS.

It does not really matter if the attacker is in faction or not and it does not matter if the ones who show up to help him is in faction or not.

The attacker may call help too and before you know, you have a mixed fight going on. It had been that way on Siege sinse we got faction and never before been a problem at least not seen from my view.

The problem is, EA try to make all PvP happen in faction so if you want to PvP, you have to join faction, that's BS.

I really don't want to have my guild in faction but we get raided of factions guilds and can't put up with this factions items. That made some of my PvP'ers want a split of the guild in faction and non faction, so they could fight back.
    This split almost destroyed TDO, and made the main TDO guild to a blue support guild and a guild for our youngest.

We will go back to be a non faction guild and I will try to rebuild the guild.

So as I said earlier, I don't really need that alliance option but I never found it a problem, that other guilds was allied with factions guilds. I need to see this factions items gone, as they also hurt the crafters.

Before my PvP'ers joined faction, they needed our crafters but with factions items, they had little need for crafted armor.

39. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I just don't see what the big deal is with the alliances anyway. Maybe I'm just not getting it. But for Siege, I really see the breaking up of the alliances as a major issue. Our group has developed a wait and see attitude on this, but if it goes through, we will have to figure out what we are going to do.

40. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

There are so many things in this game that need to be fixed, this is not one of them but this could break alot of us. We have some members in our non-faction guild, Myth, who can't use vent. All they have is Alliance chat. This will cut them completely out of the guild. We also have some members of Myth who don't want to PvP at all and want nothing to do with Factions, but like to PvM, so we get together with all our players as a group (Faction-Reds-and Blues) to do spawns together. This will come to and end now too. I do agree that Blues cause an interference with Faction battles and Sigel stealing at times, and I do agree that using them in faction battles is wrong. I just don't see this as an answer to that problem. It will just be causing another one instead. I do agree that the faction items on Seige has caused more problems and drama then they were worth. Get back to basics and just have fun. Causing division with-in our own family (guild) is not a solution to anything.

41. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

QFT :scholar:

42. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

If they turn friendly fire back on like it used to be I don't see that this would be an issue. I remember casting my first EV back in the day, it killed the whole guild. Then getting yelled at not to cast them anymore.

43. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Thanks for the laugh. *In a good way*

44. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

i think we shouldnt fight this i think its a great idea non factions shouldnt be allied with factions anyway they just get in the way.

45. HaHa

HaHa Guest

[YOUTUBE]wbeXI45wNyQ[/YOUTUBE]