1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

We need more fey slayers.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_Skrag, Apr 1, 2008.

1. The pixie swatter is so weeeeeak. It's okay for swatting pixies, obviously, but there's just nothing good in the game for killing angels. This event brought it up in my mind, but I kill at the angel keep in Ilshenar on a regular basis, and I always wish I had a better weapon to use.

I mean c'mon, an entire superslayer type found on only one weapon?

2. I've been hitting the Angels in Moonglow for 120 or so per swing with the Swatter. I'd say that's nothing to complain about? plus it's UBWS so the only ones that miss out are the archers who can stay a fair distance from them anyway.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hint: Use a bird slayer talisman.

4. It has terrible mods compared to any decent slayer. The fact that you can do 120 damage with a piece of crap weapon if you stack enough chivalry/bushido/whatever effects isn't really material.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I do 120 without chiv, bushido or even concentrate weapon.

It's a fine weapon if you ask me. I really don't see the need to do 500 points per hit...

6. <blockquote><hr>

Hint: Use a bird slayer talisman.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Bird Slayer doesn't make any difference. Just tested it.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I've been hitting the Angels in Moonglow for 120 or so per swing with the Swatter. I'd say that's nothing to complain about? plus it's UBWS so the only ones that miss out are the archers who can stay a fair distance from them anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

That leaves out Bards,Mages,Archers.... There needs to be a slaying type for each one to balance it out.. Wolf Slaying and a few others are missing from there too. Not just one type but a few need to be rebalanced. Also the talismans should work on magic type damage.

8. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Wolf Slaying and a few others are missing from there too.

[/ QUOTE ]That would be Canine slayer, and it should work on Cu Sidhes too.

There's also no slayer group for fetid essence and the other blobs, and many others. Slayers for all creatures, and all slayers available for all templates.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. Guest

Guest Guest

You all are slayer-crazy.

There IS a wolf slayer in the game, it's a dagger. Other than killing Cu Sidhes at the champ spawn in Twisted, we have no real need for a Wolf or Canine slayer. There is also no real need for archers and mages to have pixie slayers, because archers have an insanely high base damage and many ways to tweak out damage (special bows with damage distribution, quivers with damage distribution) and mages (especially necros) can handle any fey with ease.

And, above all, some things in game should remain difficult.

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Folks, NOTHING will boost the Pixie Swatter against the Fallen Warriors (other than Strength, Anatomy &amp; Tactics) - I tested it.

They are ALREADY acting as DOUBLE SLAYERS (+200%, raising your damage to cap). I get the same damage against them with Enemy of One, as without it, and I don't appear to even be getting the DI from my Stormgrip (pulled them off to check).

12. Azmira Zalof

Azmira Zalof Guest

Fey slayers work on Cu's.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

And, above all, some things in game should remain difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

The End.

14. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

Na, i dont think archers need Fey slayers. Would make some peerless and other things way to super easy.

Don't need them in this event either. Me and my bow when using consecrate weapon do 70-90 damage to the winged warriors, plus i get to keep out of melee range of their 35-40ish damage hits. I don't die to them unless I get ganked by 2 or 3 real quick.

For archers, we are fine. The melee people have to risk the up close and personal hits. And believe me, those with feyslayers kill the stuff alot faster than I do. I just watch the HP's drop fast when they are smacking them.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Wolf Slaying and a few others are missing from there too.

[/ QUOTE ]That would be Canine slayer, and it should work on Cu Sidhes too.

There's also no slayer group for fetid essence and the other blobs, and many others. Slayers for all creatures, and all slayers available for all templates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong in both cases. It is not titled Canine it's title wolf slayer. And it does NOT work on Cu Sidhe, That was changed due to necros using a dark wolf to tame them having no taming. By moving them into a new group it corrected this.

16. Fey slayer talismans would be spiffy. Then I could equip one and go after angels with a fast weapon. I use a lich lord slayer talisman plus a berzerkers maul to tear up paragon lich lords. But basically there needs to be SOMETHING in this slayer group besides one mediocre minor artifact.