1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

We need

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by ShadowJack, Sep 12, 2008.

1. ShadowJack

ShadowJack Guest

guides for stealing in fel and on SP and more info for trammel for the new thieves.

I'm not talking about faq, just tactics and what you do to be successful
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I agree. The few times I have hung out with my brothers in Luna bank I have learned 10x as much as I have from FAQs.

I shall offer the first tip, tho it was not my discovery: Arms lore can target a victim's item before the steal.
  3. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Jul 3, 2008

There's really only one piece of advice on how to "play a thief": Try and think like them. They see the same stuff you do, they're reading the same stuff on the boards you are, they know where the usual people hang out and don't hang out depending on what they want to do.

Figure out what they're thinking before they do, get into position and take whatever you want.

I never believed in the whole "stealing is just luck" thing. Make your own luck.

4. ShadowJack

ShadowJack Guest

yeah, not a faq

I mean like what YOU do to be successful, little tricks like the line of sight breaking, where to find marks, what gear you wear

I want to teach people how to be thieves from the successful ones

a faq is locked, a post will allow other people to post good ideas and to ask questions

a faq on thief proofing your guild, pack, and house is probably needed too

it doesn't matter, people get lazy and we'll still have marks.