1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Weapon vendor

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kael, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Any good one's out there anymore??

I recall uomlplayer having a decent one and a few good ones at Yew gate but they all seem to have disappeared.

Props to Toki for running a nice vendor house in Luna...you have cost me plenty sir :D

2. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

ill have one soon, maybe a week have lots of goodies for everyone.

3. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Let me guess, Kael, you are looking for GMed level weapons. Well, having spend two hours roaming here and there. There is one reasonable good vendor North of Minoc, but mostly Daggers.

There are not much more...I was looking for Shields...one vendor only...
    Apparently, it is not worth putting up a vendor for GMed weapons... but
    GMed Armour are plentyful.

I guess not much money in weaponsmithing. All those Uber weapons dominate this situation.

You know... I do IDOCs... and there were usually hundreds of such items...
    but, I bet they got re-smelted down to ingots.

If anyone has a Weaponsmithing crafter... please make Kael some weapons...

Kael, what do you need? Please post what you need!

I would like to see some GMed Fencing weapons...of different types... I would buy them tonight, if I knew where... who does not matter!
    How about 2 of each type of Fencing weapons...

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

4. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You actually took the time to write this rant ??

5. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

I actually want some GMed weapons... and I just spent 2 hours all over SP looking... Nah... I not ranting.... I am just looking for a supply...

PS... I was not too thrilled by the Shields I found!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you could try just asking? I carry a small selection of low-runic weapons, mostly the rejects from when someone has me burn a hammer for them. I'm willing to put on a small selection of straightforward gm made, but I can't cover the entire weapons range.. Which weapon styles would everyone prefer? Pick a couple of styles for each skill and I'll stock them.
    Kat? Kryss? diamond mace? magical short bow?

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I could put one up at GM weapon vendor at my Luna Shop.

I do not really know what type of weapon, that will be in demand. It's easy with bows, there is only few kind of bows that do not take special resources.

If someone can make a top 5 list of sword, fencing and mace weapons, it would be nice as I'm lost. I may have some dull runic hammers to burn of .

8. Petra Fyde

I have a bag full of kryss and daggers, only been putting them on the vendor a couple at a time because they rarely sell, but I've put some extras on now.

9. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think it would be nice IF any of our GM or better blacksmiths got to LIVE again and make weapons reg. gm ones of various metals that folks may actually purchase ...cheaper than arties more disposible, easily replaceable if our smiths just knew folks would actually buy their shields, some weapons again more of us would make them up to sell on vendors.

*also what to charge* for say simple heater or other shields per metal type* or simple gm weps. No one has bought any in so long with the age of item$ most smiths just do not make them any longer but they sure would LIKE TO DO so again.

So let us know ........what one may wish to see, buy, from retired blacksmiths in this age of stuffs and items and we will do our best to try to sell it/ make it.

And what ARE the current prices of ingots per color of ingot anyhow ?

10. Petra Fyde

tbh, I've no idea what to charge for the low runic made weapons I sell, I just take the default price and shove a couple of 0s on. That's probably too much because they sell very rarely, one, maybe two per week. But with no feed-back, I'm clueless.

11. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*nods in agreement*

It has been so long in this age of item$ and stuff$ that a blacksmith long retired has no clue any longer even what to CHARGE for anything...un runic or runic per ore/ingot type even for a simple plain ol' heater shield let alone weps..toss in runic even low end those should be more due to %%%% than non runic gm mades.

Would be nice to be able to smith SOMETHING again that folks would buy that is just plain old school blacksmithed shields and *disposable* due to being easily rebuyable ordinary gm weps that folks WOULD use and buy. :)

12. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

First: I understand that the vendor costs gold and the present or absent of items reflect consumer activities.
    Second: I wish that there was a true General Store set up in one of these
    player run towns, but that does take effort and time.
    Third: I apologize for my rant, I just still burning from being pushed off the
    last big IDOC which had numerous such weapons which I doubt ever got used
    for anything but turned into ingots. Such a waste!
    Fourth: Price that product is part of the Game, but asking for the product inside
    the game is difficult and it is slow and ackward to do on this forum by post.
    Yes, I know about the Sticky thread on Shops. But, I like meeting people in the game.
    Just wishful think on my part, I guess I should not expect it.
    Lastly: I be shopping! Thank you for your responses.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

13. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Well here's an idea to supplement the vendors which I do understand are expensive to run here and may run at a loss if items of uncertain turnover are stocked : how about (?re)starting regular craft and repair sessions at either town smithies or player run establishments. Folks could come along with plain GM item requests and crafters would not have to allow for a vendor fee. You get to meet crafters face to face and then negotiations can be made for runic stuff.

I would be happy to do this sometimes once I GM my smithy and tailoring. Not everyone could make every single session, and everyone has rl commitments so the days and times need not be written in stone. But as long as its fairly regularish, there seems to be a need anyway.

14. Petra Fyde

What might be fun would maybe be a 'craft fair', say bi-weekly, or monthly, twice during the allotted day. Once around 8ish GMT and a second 8ish EST. Smiths, tailors, carpenters, tinkers all crafting and repairing stuff to order.

Ideal location, from a crafting point of view, would be the blacksmith guild south end of Brit, because of the multiple forge/anvils. But would that be impossible because of faction considerations?

Is there another multi-forge location I'm not remembering?

15. Lych

Lych Guest

There is an open-air, multi-forge in Umbra, but I think I'd prefer the one in Britain.

For faction considerations, a cease-fire agreement would probably be the only way they could participate cleanly.

And to whomever is hording the slayer weapons: Ari requires slayer fencing weapons. :)

16. Petra Fyde

Another spot that occurs to me is the crafting area at the West side of Nujelm. I believe there are 2 shops with forges there and an open area in front where we could set up tables?

17. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I wish material bonus for metal weapon did work like for bows.

I see no reason to make weapon with colored ingots as it is now.

I did make some dull weapons (good for newbies), I used a dull runic so some of them got one or two useful mods.

I have no idea what price should be. I keeped the ones who did not get useful mods beloiw 500gp to spare vendor fee, I priced the others 999 or 1999 depending of the mods. I will see if they sell.
    I made some bow and shields too, they are priced from 499-1999gp but that may be to cheap as I made the bows with Yew and Ash and the shields with gold and verite

18. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Thanks. I think my gm smith will just do some lower end shields and a few stabby weps plain ol gm smith stuff. If nothing else someone new and poor here whom may not be in NEW, may wish to buy some of those be they plain ingots or copper nothing fancy.

My gm smith still has low lore so it can not be anything fancy anyways. But oft we forget some folks not in NEW and scrounge around for some simple kat or kryss cuz they lost the one they had. So I will kinda gear up vendor probably at my Brit place *close to many wandering new immigrant trying to off goats and cows and mongbats* for them, few gm weps and basic shields heater order chaos ones cuz even no mods those always look nice. . no biggie if looted if just gm ones but not everyone is RICH and can afford the ITEM$ and probably should not even use em or keep till they get skills up and can one item bless something of value.

19. eurin

eurin Guest

Where is Freja's vendor?

I'm new to Siege. I'm the guy with the thread about being back after 7 years. I have no clue what type of weapons I should be using (swordsmanship right now).

I'm relying on GM made leather suites and a handful of GM axes from a town thief's corpse (that guy really kicked off my gold farming). Do I pitch 0 durability suites, or do people sell repair contracts?

20. Petra Fyde

Check out the 'where to shop' sticky at the top, not only Freja's vendor but several others. You'll probably find Izzy's and mine are quite useful to you. Both will have repair contracts.

21. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Sorry for the delayed responce, but the legendary smith/tailor SunChicKen has placed some freshly made warforks kats and kryss's on his yew gate vendor named PVP/Factionbuyback
    They were made with dull copper hammer and not to shabby for their prices if i do say so myself. When they are gone he will place more and other weps per request

There will also be bulk runic armour bags placed at random times at a fair price. Keep an eye on the PINK vendor at yew gate heh

Weps In The Bottom left bag:D

22. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I like the idea of bi-weekly craft fairs. I especially like the two-time slot idea, being on GMT. The main city in Tokuno, I forget the name, also has a multiple forge smithy - 4 I think at least. Which is also in the GZ, a few steps from the bank ( also a consideration for fetching materials ) and also very near a moongate :) There might still be some people with accounts without SE access though, so maybe rotate the venues.

The where to shop sticky I have found invaluable. Petra's vendors are very easy to find but the thread helps with locations for the others. I am slowly and happily training up a newbie paladin and have just today advanced onto buying GM leather armour instead of the starter gear plus whatever I can pick up off the ground or loot from monsters :p