1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Choisir, May 26, 2010.

1. Choisir

Choisir Guest

Hi everyone, I'm making a Weaver-Tamer (Mag, Med, Lore, Tame, Vet, Spellwev) but I have a few questions.

1- Why the build uses magery 100-120 when it does not have eval, just for res?
    2- Is it possible to tame a Greater Dragon just using Ethereal Voyage and invisibility?
    3- What are the most used spells with this build?

Nothing else, I hope you can answer those questions, thanks!
  2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    1. Higher magery means more damage healed. 110 magery means never failing gate travel.
    2. Yes, I got my better dragon just by invisibility and lead taming.
    3. Most used = Greater Heal. After that, I'm sure it's gift of renewal. After that, it really depends on what you're doing. Word of Death for long fights is great.
  3. Choisir

Choisir Guest

So, the combo would be, gift of renewal + greater heal + vet, to keep the beasts alive, and gift of life is just great, I do understand now, thanks a lot, just a little question: As I'm new, I don't have 120 Taming, so, what's the minimum taming skill recommended to tame a greater just with ethereal voyage and invisibility?
  4. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 11, 2009
    Stratics has a handy taming chance calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/anim.php. The minimum skill to tame a GD is 104.7 according to that calculator, but that only gives you about a 0.2% chance to tame (even at 120 taming you only have a 30.8% chance to tame once you get past the "you have angered the beast!" messages).

Note that you need something like 110 taming and lore to have 99% chance to control a GD once you tame it. You can play around with the calculator to see how different skill values affect your chance to tame and/or control a tameable.

Hope that helps!
  5. Choisir

Choisir Guest

With a 225 Stat limit, what stat build should I choose, and why? I have no idea, can someone help?
  6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    All stats should go to intelligence or strength. Dexterity doesn't help a mage-tamer one bit.
  7. [JD]

[JD] Guest

you will want 15 or 20 dex so you dont get cursed and stamblocked. else, 125 int, and the rest in str.

magery gives more powerful heals, longer lasting invis's, ability to use mage weapon for defense

its possible to tame a greater dragon with invis+gheal only if you have timing right. else, just beat it down to 10% life and lead tame.

spells you use depend on what you are doing.
  8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    If your on ATL let me know ill help you tame a good greater

and can show you how a weave tamer works I have one i use often enough
  9. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    Re: If your on ATL let me know ill help you tame a good greater

Honor taming is also great.
  10. longshanks

longshanks Guest

you can put eval on your weaver tamer. you need to be item dependent a bit but u can pull it off.

i use the travesty mage / eval mask which is 20 to skill total
    library talisman another 10 to skill.
    30 to skill total on bracelet / ring combo
    scrappers 10 to skill

so ur temp (at 720 cap) looks like this:

taming 120
    lore 120
    vet 120
    mage 115
    eval 115
    med 100
    sw 100

total 790 70 to skill in items.

this guy is a peerless spawn guy and is very versatile. at level 6 focus he can basically solo a rat spawn.
  11. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

heres my weave tamer:

120 spellweaving
    120 animal taming
    110 animal lore
    90 magery(110 with items)
    gm med(110 with items)
    40 Spiritspeak (60 with items)
    70 Necromancy (100 with items)
    60 Vet (if my pet dies i throw on 2 15 vet jewels to rez him)
    dont need to vet heal i have lich form for crazy mana regen for healing them.
    wraith form for endless word of death and withering
    60 ss is enough for all the spells i use....they might not last that long but this is for pvm