1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Well i have been told over and over about cheating and how the team is dealing with it but -

Discussion in 'UHall' started by weins201, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Today is the 3rd? and there are people out there with TONS on these heads on a pike???? I sat here today and watched a player stand at Ter Mur Gate and summon a Herlad every 1.5 seconds LOL. EC cannot do this and neither can UO assist as there is NO WAY TO SELECT the Herald from the drop down menu????

So i have an EC Macro that let me wander around and say Trick Or Treat every 2.5 seconds (this lets me walk around and go from Char to Char) and with the repeat I do this 10 times than have to hit it again.

I have prob over 1000 pieces of candy and only received 3 Iron Maidens 1 Chair and 1 Orange web - SOOOO

WTF is going on and how are there player already with full sets of heads??

I have probably spent roughly 2 hours of 72 and I am sure my Luck SUCKS but .. seriously

If there is a better way please let me know (legal way that is)

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What begging level is your character at?

3. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They do come in spurts like luck...I spent 2 hours day before yesterday and had 1 head. Then bam within 30 minutes I had another 5 the next day. I used CC for the first time then tried the macro with EC but didn't get anywhere, I went back to CC again and slow click and target when I got the 5 "right away"

I too wonder what the Dev's think about trick or treating from 1 second old heralds with candy. You would think they would have to go out and buy some and not have some already on hand :)

4. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

havnt seen it myself but ive heard from a guild mate that one of the programs that 'shall not be mentioned' will use your herald and beg from it over and over super uber fast.

but just think of it this way.... they arnt getting the full enjoyment of wondering around for hours on end for that 0.2% drop rate, haha

G.v.P likes this.
  5. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

If you are going after these so you can sell them for a profit I could see how you might be upset.

If you are working these to complete a set for your own enjoyment. Why waste your time and ruin your fun with what others are doing.

I love these events because of the personal fun and sense of achievement I get over time. If I don't get them all I just wait 6 - 12 months when the pricing wears off to complete my sets. All in all I have a ton of fun! ;)

Fogsbane, Barry Gibb, Flutter and 4 others like this.
  6. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

I am going to reply simply because I will assume the OP is talking about my character Gollum. I have talked to 3 GM and the Dark Lady herself about this. Yes I can summon the herald every 1.5 seconds and get about 500 Trick or Treats per Hour or so with this method. I will tell you this so called "SCRIPT" is not a "SCRIPT" as I'm sure many people are doing it and getting the same hassle. All you need is a Personal Attendant and UOAssist. As for saying there is no way to do it, I will post what UOAssist macro will look like. The only thing you cannot do or I haven't found a way yet, is release the herald back to deed form.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now setup is rather easy and UOAssist will do the rest. Like I said this will summon the herald TOT him but YOU have to click to dismiss him so there is no way you can do it Unattended unless you leave the herald out and set a macro to TOT him every 15 seconds, but with the method I use I can get 10-12 TOTs in that 15 seconds.

As for doing it at Ter Mur and not at my house is simple, The Evil Twin and its teleporting you to a moongate on the same Facet. Since There is only 1 in Ter Mur it has no where to send you but where you are already at. I hope this clears some of the "SCRIPT" talk up and people can continue to have fun.

NOTE: Just because "YOU" think it can't be done without a "SCRIPT", DO NOT assume that it is.

#6 TheGrimReefer, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    G.v.P, yars, Winker and 6 others like this.
  7. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Same thing I am using and also catching grief for it....

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

EC Set to "Target nearest Friendly/Whisper "Trick or Treat"/Wait for Target/Cursor target Current"....... And all I have to do is run past on my mount timed right I target the NPC whisper Trick or Treat and before I reach my next NPC I've finished got my candy and move on..... Trick or Treating at warp speed.

G.v.P likes this.
  9. Martell

Martell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Says the guy that makes a profit off of UO items and gold.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  10. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

When I talked to Mesanna today I asked here if I was doing anything Illegal, she said not at all but I'm thinking they will fix being able to TOT off Personal Attendants because of this grief it is causing for some.

11. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think people have the issue with others who ARE doing it unattended using a script, but lets not kid ourselves. In this day and age they let even DUPERS off with hardly a slap on the wrist so they aren't going to lift a finger about people running scripts.

12. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

Anyone know how to dismiss the Attendant using UOAssist? Ive seen it done but cant figure out how to do it.

13. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Doesn't make his statement any less true...

#13 Viper09, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Lord Frodo likes this.
  14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Since the OP now has his legal way to do this, I think this thread is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.