1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Well that was a bit weird...

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Mac, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So I'm running around in Shame, just finished off the Guardian troll on lvl2 and I cross the bridge. There's 2 greater Earth Eles, standing around having a chat, I put in my 2 cents and they start going at each other. I'm standing about 10 feet away, both are disco'ed, still fighting about something each thought the other said about their mothers, and the next thing I know, I'm frozen. There's nothing else on screen, even when I max it out. I saw Parrot (my Bard) go thru a quick death animation when it happened. Then it flashes on screen, that I am free. So I take another lookaround, and I see the death animation again, and I'm frozen again.

Is this random, is there a reason this is happening? Kinda concerns me justttttt a bit.

Parrot.

2. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I can honestly say that I have never had anything like that happen to me and I spend a fair amount of time in Shame as well as other dungeons.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

From Hunter's Guide Greater Earth Elemental
    you got stunned, which explains the 'you are free' message.

OvenBird likes this.
  4. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

Is this a targeted attack or area spell? If the earth ellies are provoked onto each other should the bard be getting stunned? (I tend to stick to the lower levels of Shame so I haven't really fought any Greater Earth Ellies since my return, I am fairly ignorant on this subject)

#4 Tomarke, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

We have no official information, only that researched by players. Since you were hit by this 'stun at a distance' special attack I would deduce that it is an area effect.

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  6. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Gotta be an area effect....there was nothing else near, and I wasn't targeted by either, they were too busy dancing with each other to notice me, muhaha