1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wellllllllllllllll

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'm bored with UO and after tomorrows fight I'll be picking up training a bit more. The only way I get fights anymore is if either I gank, or submit myself to ganks. So Puffy I'll see you on War hammer.

2. Hef

Hef Guest

Another KOC bites the dust? :)

3. Idico

Idico Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Dang Speedy, what happened? GG get ya?

4. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

There is no competition here, the only competition there really is:

-Forsaken
    -Tamers
    -Ganks

One is in my guild and a friend, and the other two are boring despite which side is using them. I hate tamers on my side as much as I hate fighting them, so i'm just not gonna do it anymore.

5. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

And no TnT will ever get me without "help" :)

6. Idico

Idico Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I hear ya speedy, and I can run, Hide, Bomb, etc, so no one in KOC will get me unless I stay around and get ganked or killed by a tamer. Listen, you died 3 steps from your house by a timed attack (you being silly). Poop happens. As most of your guild knows (and 90% of the shard), it is about learning your limitations. No biggie. And I agree with ya on tamers.

7. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Bout time you come to your senses, Finally seeing the "REAL" situation of siege and its population... Tamers/Dismounters/Smokebombs/Houses/Guardszones/Despise/Luna ( Did I leave any spots out? )

But yea since I do actually play warhammer and not uo hit me up bro... Im on the dark crag server... RvR... its a dope game if u get it and play there hit me up well meet up ill help ya grind

8. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

It's not because I died, I have so many items in my house I can't burn kits anymore because I have no where to store them. I'm just tired of the same old template on this shard, it comes down to this:

Template one:
    All kill

Template two:
    *Name is attacking you* You're dismounted
    Name 1, name 2, name 3, name 4, name 5, name 6 is attacking you!

Template three:
    Name is attacking you
    Smoke bomb

Not exactly my idea of a fun game. Once they fix smoke bombs or tamers, I may consider playing again. In January I leave for a new job reclass, then again in February for combatives levels 1-3 certification, then Air Assault/Airborne. I'd rather spend my 15$ a month on a game where the programmers listen.

9. JesusChristt

JesusChristt Guest

war hammer is fun, i'm on RvR server, goblin squid herder!!! lvl 15 w00tski

i'm on wolfenburg server

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You'll notice this thread lost a few posts. I tried to just weed out the attacks, but it was too difficult. Let's try it again hmm?

11. Mystikal GIL

Mystikal GIL Guest

Sorry to see you go

12. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

Yeah, me too. I'll be sorry to see your absence. Good luck.

13. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

you really want to get adicted to another EA game? so they can screw ya when they are bored with it in 5 yrs, like they are doing with uo

*shakes head*

14. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

I see you're still here!!
    Addict lol!

15. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So five years of fun or eight years of desperately clinging to a slowly dieing game with no dev team, no budget and no possibility of regaining it's former glory? Tough decision there.....

16. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

yeah.... with ultima slowly bleeding to death ive been thinking about heading back over to guildwars.....

17. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Keep up the good fight Speedy Cla Cla Claxton. In real life and in game! Sorry to see you go.

18. Idico

Idico Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Well, first off, good luck with the military schools, been there and done that (was worth every second in the long run). I have also thought about trying warhammer, but not sure my laptop can handle. We had some fun fighting lastnight. So at slow times, I might try another game, but UO still shows me light now and again.

19. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

Take meeb!!!! tu school dat iz meeb try tu klomp oomies wit da tingie called a gun but sumash blah'd at meeb tu pull da trigger!!!!!!

wow!!!!! dat iz bubohsh!!!!!

20. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

*Gives Mo his sedative medicine*

I hope you are happy in whatever you decide Speedy. You were a good friend in GIL and a good enemy in KOC. *salutes*

21. JesusChristt

JesusChristt Guest

That's exactly what i do, play WAR when UO is slow, and hop on at night when everyone is on. I think UO wouldn't be nearly as fun if ventrillo wasn't involved, think of how lonely it would be to play without any Vent. Anyways Unless you got one of those uber gaming laptops dude i dont think it'll run it....graphics are nice.

22. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

no offense to anyone this is directed towards but, they dont get it.

23. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

thats my point, why switch to another game ran by the same people that will screw it up when we fall in love with it!
    :wall:

24. Idico

Idico Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Are there any games that are close to uo? I like housing and PVP. Seems hard to get both. Not sure warhammer works with my laptop. IT is a Dell Latitude D620 with plenty of RAM. THoughts?

25. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not quiting but its definately not the same game as it was pre-aos. i logged last night after fighting you guys a couple times and played NCAA football 09 for a couple hours. I'm thinking about shutting one of my accounts down, reactivating my x-box live account and checking out the new online dynasty mode. I had a hell of a game vs. the comp where I popped a last second 15 yard touchdown run in the last 4 seconds to win the game; thats even more fun vs a player:).

P.S. last nigth did have some good fighting both against KoC and GiL. I try not to fault any of the players for the crap that was done to this game. Pre-aos it was damn easy to get competive pvp gear and we had a much larger population because of it. I'd persnally love to see Siege revert back to pre-aos and maybe drop the Ish and Tokuno facets from the server. I think alot of people would return to UO if that happened.

26. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Im going out today to purchase Madden 09 at gamestop... It better not still be like 40-50 used, Im a cheapskate I want to buy it for 20-30 dollars used and have it be new to me... 360 games are so exspensive !

27. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Please man... Tell me you are not serious about playing guildwars.

28. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Let us know how it went and maybe even post some screenshots?

29. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I would be all for a revert pre-Age of S*&t. Perhaps we could see UDL back in game, now that was fun stuff and excellent roll-playing at the same time. Too bad most of you youngsters weren't around to see what this game was all about. You've only seen what it has become. Overpowered this, overpowered that, GIMME this item, GIMME that item. Most of you have never seen skill in this game, not that its your fault, it's because thats all you've seen. Gotta have this scroll, gotta have that scroll. Well thats enough ranting, just my 2 cents.

30. Mr X

Mr X Guest

You mean mark of udl running around with a full cunning suit and one shoting people with a glacial staff?

Or we going back before that when naked mages could destroy any well equiped warrior?

31. JesusChristt

JesusChristt Guest

you would prolly need an uber gaming laptop to run WAR....Laptops were made for mobile use not gaming. Anyways, thx for them res kills "La".

32. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

*giggles*

33. Idico

Idico Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

NP, I know how it feels!

34. Vo0do0

Vo0do0 Guest

Yeah,

You would have to fork over a boat load of money to get a nice laptop to run warhammer. Might as well stick to what your best at, shoot / smoke bomb. Rinse, wash, repeat :)

35. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I never had a problem fighting mark or any other udl. As far as fighting naked mages goes with a well equiped warrior, i wish i fought more naked mages back then. I very seldom used anything more than a force wep once in awhile a power. Mostly just exceptionally made weapons were all a good warrior needed with exceptionally made armor. The game was more fun then mainly because everyone had 700 max skill points, 225 max stat points, so 7x GM was what you expected to see out in the field. This made it an even play field for everyone, even newbies to the shard (once they endured the 4-6 months it took to get to 7x GM through the GGS). Oh and dont forget, a warrior could easily wear a full agility or bless suit and use a bandaid in 2 secs and hit with a vanq wep so fast it'd make ur head spin.

36. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Uhhh the bandy timer was 11 seconds no matter how much dex you had. I think you are confusing old school UO with imaginations of a game where dexxers could compete. Dexxers never had a shot until the random special moves were put in for two handed weps. Then the naked mages all cried and quit because "no skill click and stick gimps" could kill them. And then all dexxers were either hybrid longspear mages or vanq axers. Old school UO had some good things but pvp balance between mages and dexxers was not one of them. They have done a much better job of balancing classes since. However there has ALWAYS been a flavor of the month template that was overused because of balance issues and there achilles heal has always been too slow to fix the overpowered templates.

Every introduction of gameplay changes and new items has shifted the balance to one type of pvp template to the next. And then everyone has a mad dash to change to it to compete and be "uber". I am sure when SA is release there will be some overpowering template issues that will take the devs a year to fix it.

Now these greater dragons are stupidly overpowered. My bard is not even a counter to them. They have no counter except for other tamers with greater dragons or massive numbers. That makes pvp very lame indeed. They make people want to quit. But as seen in the townhall the devs don't give a **** about siege because it is a pain in their ass. So as usual in the history of the shard we get the shaft.

I invented the ninja bokker over a year ago, I come back to see them everywhere now. **** even puffy copied my template before I left.

37. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mr. X I did PvP as a warrior pre uor and mages had quite an advantage but it was fixed with UOR. I didn't even mind scrolled chars pre-aos. Post UOR, running a naked mage with nothing but regs was a very quick way to die. Even if I was "naked" I still had a full potion load, tons of regs, an inviso item, maybe a reflect item, a sack full of trap pouches, and a sepeate trap pouch set to a retrap macro. That was standard mage gear and everyone could obtain it fairly easily. I do miss the days when UO wasn't about "the suit".
    It is currently alot easier to get a warrior competitive vs what it takes with a mage. I wish they would tie mage casting into the mage/eval skill rather than
    making it item based, thus allowing mages to cheaply deck thier selfs out with good sdi and DCI. its alot easier to max a warriors HCI , cheaply, than it is for a mage to cover all thier much needed boosts. I think if this happened you would see alot less house hiding, ganking, a dragon whoring all around. oh yea and did i mentiuon that I feel dismount and smoke bombs contribute more to the ruination of this game than pets imo.