1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

West Coast Shard Action?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Locker, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Locker

Locker Guest

Ok so I'm a UO n00b located on the West Coast (Sactown, CA) and I play on Napa Valley as some friends who get me started play there. Recently I spent a bit of time on the Catskills server and was amazed at how many people I saw playing, hanging in Luna, New Haven, out in the areas, etc.

Coming from Napa Valley it was a bit like the country boy hitting the city. Now being a city boy by nature I'd love to find a spot amongst the west coast shards where the men are men and the sheep are nervous... errr I mean where there is a bit higher player base than what I'm seeing on Napa so...

Playing from the west coast, what would be the recommended server with the requirements being a high player base and a decent ping. I know there are some basic stats you can see in the server list but that's just a snapshot and I'd like some feedback from the actual players.

Thanks all.

Peace,

Locker

2. Pacific is the most populated of the west coast shards.

3. Locker

Locker Guest

See I never would have guessed that based on the fact that the Pacific forum here on Stratics has the least amount of posts of all the shard forums. Not an accurate statistic obviously but strange none the less.

Thank you very much for the information and I will be checking out the Pacific shard shortly.

Peace,

Locker

4. Anytime. Always glad to help.

5. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

You could always hit the % Full button on the server list during log in. After doing so, the top of the list is the least populated. More populated shards will be further down the list. (Exception being the test shards as they are always at the bottom of the list of servers)

Q

6. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you want a really high density shard try taking a visit to atlantic...
    i play both atlantic and napa equally, and am located on the east coast. i have no noticable lag problems playing a west coast shard, so perhaps you wouldn't have any if you tried atlantic. otherwise, pac is definately the most populated west coast shard.