1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What a Failure!

Discussion in 'Holonet Chat' started by Ludes, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No way will this game be ready in 17 days.

2. Proto Foe

Proto Foe Adventurer
    Alumni

How so?

Care to expand on what features will not be ready?

I have just done my second weekend, and from how it has grown inbetween those two time periods is astonishing.

3. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Not ready? I just got done doing the weekend stress test. The game was extremely stable and thoroughly addictive. It felt like it had already been released.

So, please do elaborate.

4. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hey Ludes,

Curious why you think so.

I've been in the beta and stress test too, and believe SWTOR is the best MMO I've seen in beta (and I've been in a LOT of betas). I've had no lag at all, only lost conn once (during char creation, not in-game) and saw two cut scenes where the audio was out of sync. That's it. Given the enormity of SWTOR, I'm impressed.

Need details my friend... details.

5. pumpkin_escobar

pumpkin_escobar Journeyman

I tested this past weekend and had many issues, mostly lagg, which made the game unplayable when I entered any buildings. Outdoor fighting was good though.

6. Penti

Penti Guest

Definately think the OP needs to elaborate........ I have had very few problems. A few graphical glitches, a bit of lag and the very occasional CTD. This is over several weeks of testing??

7. DarkGremios

DarkGremios Guest

Seems as if there is a slight degree of trolling

8. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

SWTOR has trolls?

9. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am also lost on this. Have many friends that are planning on playing this and some have been doing the beta. Not a major complaint I have heard. Was told it runs pretty smooth and the best EA has done with a game in a long time :)

So not sure what Ludes was reffering to...............

10. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had this same issue. Game would run smooth outdoors at reasonably high settings but as soon as I entered buildings it would slowdown.

But for me, anyway, it wasn't lag. It was a framerate (having the indicator up is useful hehe). I found it was a Shadow slider issue. By default it had been set at the middle. I lowered it just about 10% - 15% and got a huge increase of FPS inside buildings.

Didn't touch any of the other options really. Worked for me at the time during the stress test beta. And the last beta they did.