1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What About Vendors Tracking Activity?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Suppose a vendor once set up tracked the following information.

Name of player that sets it up and own its.
    Date opened.
    Items sold and value.
    Name of player buying the items.

In general. In general. Wouldnt that give EA a nice document for odd activity.

When the vendor falls or is cancelled the data remains in UO space.
  2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    While I think vendor tracking would be a good idea, I think that if it were done there would be a huge uproar about privacy or some such nonsense. Personally, I couldn't care less. I trust EA with my credit card info, why would I care if they see my vendor activity. I've got nothing to hide. At least with some sort of tracking system EA could easily figure out who's selling val runics and other items dirt cheap and restocking every 2 hours to keep one on the vendor without much fuss.
  3. Thats the beauty of the game. Its theirs. So privacy isnt an issue. Just programming and doing it.

But I think it would be great to track items that way.
    You cant get around it.

Vendors are account bound. Purchases are player specific.