1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Malee, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have been trying to get pumpkins to spawn. I clear the fields by killing animals and stuffing their bodies with pumpkins. (I do not have a necro.) I can do this for 2 or 3 hours and maybe get 2 killer pumpkins in this time. I have tried different fields. I have tried letting the fields respawn completely before clearing again. Is this rate normal or am I doing this wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Go to Felucca. Trammel is overcamped but it's rare when I scan the pumpkin patches by Britian (Fel) and don't see at LEAST six jack o lanterns.

/Edit

Also folks, remember that in Felucca for most pumpkin areas, you ARE in the guard zone. Reds CAN come into the zone, but don't be alarmed -- you can call guards if they attack you. But you can't call guards just for a red being in the GZ any more.

3. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Try buying a lot of bags/ pouches/ packs/ other containers. Fill them up to your weight level (i.e. don't go overweight) and then dump into the trash. They are deleted immediately. If you leave them on a corpse, you need to wait for it to decay and this will take you much longer than running back and forth to the public trashcans to dump your containers of pumpkins.

If you are short on gold, then use the gold from any killer pumpkin spawn that you do kill to buy your containers. Last time I looked, pouches cost 6gp.

Good luck.

4. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

"Go to Felucca"

hehe I am the game's biggest chicken! When they opened Trammel, I went over and never looked back. Memories of the place still give me panic attacks!

"Try buying a lot of bags/ pouches/ packs/ other containers. Fill them up to your weight level (i.e. don't go overweight) and then dump into the trash."

Thanks! I have done this and the spawn rate is Much better.

5. Zomeguy

Zomeguy Guest

I think one spawn every 30 minutes for a big field is normal.

6. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have found the fenced in field in Moonglow has an excellent spawn rate. It is the one with the 4 small fields along the east coast.

7. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Anybody in game can have a Necro, no matter how tight the template. Imbue a simple jewel set with +26/+26 Necro/ss or if you want to use up 40 crystalline blackrock, make the set +30/+30. Then eqpuip a +10 or higher Necro book ( any scribe can bang one out) and add a +10 Spirit Speak totem talisman (old ones gives +10 SS and +5 Necro).

Summon Familiar takes +30/+30 skill but with your necro gear equipped, you should have +40/+35 necro/skill and you can spam the spell till the lil blue meanie pops up:) Then stroll about the patch and when he is full (400ish stone) dispell him, and if you need to, summon another. Once patch is cleared, switch out your "hordie gear" and wait fotr the killer pumpking to spawn!

8. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yup, nice write up.

Honestly everyone in the game should have a necro mage. I use that char more than any other. Its great for spawns, and just about any hunting. Wither in wraith form is one of the most overpowered spells in the game. Area damange and suck back mana from the mobs.

9. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've had pretty good luck just gathering up the punkins in my chosen patch.. recall to my house.. throw punkins in trash can.. recall back.

I keep the field clean this way and get 2 or 3 killer punkins about every 20 mins or so.

10. vexyvixen

vexyvixen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You can either recall to a city trash can and put them in there where they automatically delete. Or, you can tame a goat, put the pumpkins in a bag and give the bag to the goat. They auto delete that way too. I like using the goat even though I have to have a lot of bags.

11. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

My experience was more like what the OP got. So, against my better judgement, I tried again yesterday, an Easy 45+mins between spawns - i was thinking "this is supposed to be Fun???" Not!

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I hear you there. What's worse is once you actually DO get a pumpkin to spawn either some Schmuck comes and "helps" kill it taking the mask or.... with my luck there IS NO mask... I don't know how many Mesanna Pumpkins I've killed yet can't seem to get a mask.

But I have a necro and I use the horde minion ... but it's still slow and boring.

13. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you have a cook, make a bunch of dough, load up on frying pans and make unbaked pumkin pies. It instantly deletes the pumpkins. I gm'd cooks from low 80's on two accounts doing this. And I have 16k unbaked pies :)

14. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*laughs* That's awesome. THIS is what makes UO special.

15. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I might have to try this - my cook is only at 66.1 and has long been 'shevled'. Time to dust her off.

I also searched my house and dug up luck armor. This seemed to help also. It's now 697 - up from about 100. The spawn rate seems about the same but the mask drop rate seems to increase. Before the luck armor, it took me 21 pumpkins to get 5 masks. After the armor, it took 9 pumpkins to get 5 masks.

16. rareitem

rareitem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Mark rune to bank trash can, mark rune to a Feluca field.
    Clean field recall to bank,drop pumkins into trash can , they get insta deleted.
    Get back and repeat, this way u can get 1 killer pumpkin every 2 or 3 minutes

17. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

What he said ^^^^

:)