1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What are good creatures to tame against for weak critters?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by canary, Apr 3, 2011.

1. canary

canary Guest

Trying to raise skills on a VERY low tier pet (under 100 hp). What can I train against feasibly to get it to gm tactics?
  2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 16, 2008
    Oki, for tactics alone I'd use the basic training guide here http://vboards.stratics.com/1894971-post11.html and simply pick the weakest creatures in the same skill group as your pet.

This is the critter list I use on little pets.

10-30 I'd go for ridgebacks and headless or better still deathwatch beetle hatchlings are passive and also around the same skill level.

From 40-50 you can hop to deathwatch beetles or try zombies

50-60 skeletons or corpsers

60-65 ratmen or trolls

65-70 Lizardmen and ogres

70-85 I usually start on the gaman around this point and stuck with them till 85

85-95 Harpies. I use the Ilshenar nest and pull the harpies out one by one so it doesn't get crazy

95-100 if you're training the pet on a tamer, then there are obvious options of sparring a tame pet vs the new one. If not, you can keep on with the harpies or use either yourself or a summon to tank while your pet trains on something else. I usually use a unicorn tank with a little pet and take them to kill rotting corpses at that point, but it just depends what you have at your disposal.

Of course it's even easier if you have a tamer's stable of pets to team up with your weaker one as the tank, or another tamer who can tank for you. But tank pets aren't essential at all, I pretty much took my pack out all together and trained them at the same time. It just takes care and good heal support :)

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I typically tame a second of the same sort and spar them against each other.

If it's a very weak pet (chicken, for example), then I train resist on the pet first to get hit points up or start it against a skree or bear with the skree/bear set to stop/stay.

Freshly tamed skree are good for training lower skilled pets since they have no wrestling to speak of to start out and a relatively high amount of hit points, making training other pets to 30-40 wrestling very easy. Move to a bear after that.