1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What are instanced corpses?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by GNecromancer, Apr 12, 2008.

1. GNecromancer

GNecromancer Guest

I heard about it, but I don't play UO anymore. What are they and do they impact felucca and siege rulesets?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Assume that you and I are fighting the same monster for whatever reason.

When we kill the monster, the loot is split randomly (gold split 50/50, then other stackables the same way, then items are split going to one instance or the other.

For the first couple of minutes, when we each open the corpse, we will ONLY see our portion of the loot. Afterwards, the corpse becomes lootable by all (following the looting rights rules).

Yes it affects all rulesets, though I'm not certain how it affects PvP looting. Whether it should or not is a topic of considerable debate. Personally, I don't think it should affect those rulesets, but that's just my opinion.

3. It doesn't affect player corpses. (dunno about Siege but wouldn't think so)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I know it was added in a little after Paragons due to issues with people ninja-looting the paragon chests when they were the new hot item, but wasn't certain how/if it affected player corpses.

5. GNecromancer

GNecromancer Guest

But say, if a player kills a monster and does not loot that monster yet and you kill the player... will you not be able to loot the monster?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

no, you still have to wait to loot the other players monster kill,

though feel free to loot everything off the other player though.