1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What are people using for gear now? Imbued items/Runic Items/Arties/Something else?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Wolf, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Old Wolf

Old Wolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hey all,

Just wondering what people are primarily using for gear now (just returning after a very extended absence)? Are runic kits useful any longer, or is everything just imbued? Or is there any purpose to crafting at all... are people just using pre-boxed items like arties?

Thank you!
    OldWolf

2. King_Fisher

King_Fisher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

For all my suits I use a combo of all. Reforged items, then imbued, then enhanced. So you craft the initial peices with desirable resists, reforge, imbue then enhance. Custom tailored around certain artifacts/ un-imbuable Shame/Covetous jewlery.

3. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Gm armor & weapons & whatever throw away jewelry I pick up in case my corpse is looted during a fight.

4. Old Wolf

Old Wolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Here I was thinking reforge = imbuing = enhancing. WOW am I out of date...

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I haven't any reforged stuff. I'm rather deadset against wearing any of the cursed, can't be repaired or brittle stuff... but most my characters wear a combination of imbued and artifact items.

6. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Pure focus Mage
    25 hpi
    100 lrc
    70 dci
    2/6
    30 sdi
    70/85/70/80/70
    40 lmc
    15-20 mr
    Easily attained with imbuing and artifacts
    Plus the focus Mage with inscribe adds extra damage when cycling ie:fireball magic arrow and lighting the extra damage is key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Malagaste: You can reforge stuff without inflicting brittle or cannot be repaired, and cursed is mainly a dungeon loot thing. Those are just options to make the end result more ridiculously overpowered.

When I reforge, I choose all BUT those options - takes about 6 runic charges per item. Some examples of items I've gotten were a reforged hat that had better total resists than a Kasa of the raj-in and with better mage-friendly properties, etc. All of it completely powderable to 255 and repairable. Not had much yet that has required enhancement or imbuing (of course, in the case of the hat, I couldn't enhance, anyway).

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mostly Pre Imbuing enhanced items along with arty Mixed ina some those Barbed kit items that fit.. Weapon that gets the most use is a Bone Crusher with Earth Eli Slayer imbued on it.

9. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

reforged then imbued is about the quickest easiest suit up method. the wild high end loot in the revamped dungeons is also nice, if your not a sissy and think cursed means unusable

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have been so busy with other things UO wise that I honestly haven't had time to mess with Reforging. I have been doing just fine with my Imbued stuff. Not sure exactly what I'd want to reforge anyway.

11. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Combination of all types. Depends on the template and on the available stuff...

12. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

By far the cheapest - and extremely effective in the short-run - is using neo loot be it cursed, brittle, and/or CBR. If you die in a neo dungeon, they don't bother t loot body, you come back after rez and it's all there. And if you time out, big deal, you should have a ton of other uber cursed loot back at the homestead to change into:)

BeaIank likes this.
  13. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

A bit of Everything.

14. Joey Porter

Joey Porter Guest

I have been running with a mix of arties and imbued/enhanced armor/jewerly/weapons.

Just cannot seem to wrap my head around reforging.