1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] What are the seeds with uses other than for decorative plants ?

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by popps, Apr 23, 2013.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am trying to find what seeds/plants among all out there have uses other than to grow decorative plants.

I know vanilla seeds can be used in cooking to make chocolate and that another type of seed is used to grown a plant that makes orange leaves which, when eaten, helps to defend against poison. Another type of seed can be used to grow a plant that makes red leaves which can be used on books to make it not possible to edit the books' content. What other seeds/plants also have uses other than decorative ?

Thanks.

2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

3. popps

popps Always Present

Thank you for the link.

So, if I understand it right, of all of the existing plants those with uses other then decorative, are those which produce a Red Leaf (Bright Red Elephant Ear Plants, Bright Red Ponytail Palms and Bright Red Century Plants), Orange Petals (Bright Orange Poppies, Bright Orange Bulrushes and Bright Orange Pampas Grass), a Green Thorn (Bright Green Barrel Cacti and Bright Green Snake Plants), Poppy Dust (from Poppies but I am not sure what the dust cloud can be used for...), a Bale of Cotton (from Flax plants), a Sack of Sugar (Sugar Cane), a Bark Fragment (from ‘plain’ and ‘mossy’ varieties of Cypress Tree), and Vanilla (Vanilla plants) which is used to make chocolate.

That's it, or am I missing any plants with uses other than just decorative ?

4. Kelly O'Brian

Kelly O'Brian Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

#4 Kelly O'Brian, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  5. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Poppy dust can be used to identify seeds (but if you have a seed box you no longer need the dust for that purpose). My favorite use for poppy dust is decorative... it really looks nice locked down on the grass in a yard. :)

Rhiannon likes this.
  6. Adol

Adol Certifiable

And also ANY plant grown that generates seeds has a chance of returning a Seed Of Renewal instead, and those are used in Imbuing for magery related enhancements.

7. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

True. That's the best bet for anyone wanting to make a great deal of gold growing plants.

8. popps

popps Always Present

Well, I think one has a better chance of getting them hunting at the Cavern of the Discarded....

9. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

i have 4 garden beds i get 10 rough seeds each cycle of plants and run orange plants for petals for the rest not bad for low time investment every 2 weeks