1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What can I do?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Risso, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I own a house placed on a shoreline, which is currently being blocked by a ship. Someone has parked their ship right up against the shore/my house so that the sails cover half the plot, making it impossible for me to customise or even see half the house. If I stand under the sails I can see a small area, but the rest is still covered. Tried paging a GM and I was told they can't help with house placement issues, tried waiting for it to decay but it's been refreshed and I never see the owner to ask them to move it. What can I do?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I would try paging a GM again with a carefully worded request. Something like:

"A player boat is preventing me from customizing my house - Can you move the boat for me?"

Reaching the ship owner or paging a GM are about the only two hopes.

3. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You might also be able to post some nformation here on stratics asking nicely for the individual top move their boat, providing as much information as possible.

I know that if I accidently impacted someone in this way, I would definitely move my boat, if I knew about it. This individual may just be unaware of the issue they are causing you.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I had the same problem. Paging a GM didn't help. The GM physically came and saw the situation but I was told he was not allowed to move the boat.

5. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

You can't zoom in past the sails?

Well eventually the owner has to show up to refresh it.. guess you can only hope to catch him. I agree he probably doesn't even know he's ruining your house.

What a nightmare I'd be pretty upset... hope you get it fixed.

P.S. if you ever see it move stick a small legacy boat there so nobody can park there again.

6. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And in the meantime, do what I would do. Park boats beside and front and back wehre he has to dock it to move it. If his hold is full, that will be punishment enough LOL

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you use the EC you can turn off foliage and this should remove the sails!

8. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

go get three legacy boats and place them so that his boat is trapped. if he wants to move his boat he will have to dry dock it.

He will probably want to move it at some point. when he does, keep one of your small boats in that spot to prevent him from coming back.

9. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Put up a vendor named please move boat
    Blocking my house

10. DenAlton036

DenAlton036 Guest

That was my first thought, but customizing a house in EC can be a nightmare.

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I have never had a problem!

12. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Me either.. actually customizing a house WITHOUT being able to zoom is a nightmare.
    Course thats just my opinion.. long as ya play is all that matters, not what client.

13. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You can't do broken staircases with the EC :(

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

yep I agree

15. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

not sure what broken stairs are but when you see me in staff chat explain it and I will see what i can do! ....well as soon as I can replace a house!!