1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What can "WE" do to help improve UO?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hail: As we all know it is easy to bash EA/UO. Some of us have gotten pretty good at..... :) Most of our suggestions/demands, are on their end. Go fix this, nerf that, add this to the game, and so on.

But what about US? What can we do? And for some, why should we do it?

The why first. Some people whould do it for free, just for the love of the game. But most of us want something in return. I think EA should help support the players, and their message board in this effort. Do something to help improve the game, and get something for it. What that something would be is for another topic.

What can we do? Well, first off, the easy thing is for Stratics to get help to bring this board up to date. Go look at the Essays and Guidlines, or the Professions? Most of it looks like was written in 1998-99. Hell, even, "Charater Creation" was never even updated to include ELF charaters.

So, Stratics, start having contest for the differnt things on this board that are out of date, or not accurate, or just plain wrong. The people who visit this board look at the topics they are good at, see what is wrong with the current info, and redo it, and submit it to you.

With any luck at all, you end up with several diffent guides, ect. on each topic, and pick the best one, and that player gets something in return, as an inncentive for giving of their time. EA should support this with open arms.

And this is just ONE Idea. I am sure their are a lot of others out there. It is Free, involves no changes to the game to be made, and improves the game for everyone. But someone has to Start it, and be in charge of it, with EA support.

2. "What can WE do to help imporve UO?"

Close, or stop posting on, Uhall.

Every few days someone seems to forsee the end of UO, or say that we need a 'state of address'. We don't need either.

3. Belmarduk

Belmarduk Guest

<blockquote><hr>

"What can WE do to help imporve UO?"

Close, or stop posting on, Uhall.

Every few days someone seems to forsee the end of UO, or say that we need a 'state of address'. We don't need either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the days are over where you could call "doomsayers" - "doomsayers"
    The game cant stand much more beating before it really gets critical - Atm things are being done which is positive. If that Pause because of the moveover had lasted much longer I dont know...
    These forums are the biggest feedback EA/Mythic can get from the playerbase.

You can either feel a pulse at a main-neck arterie or on a small finger if you get the meaning.

The overall feeling of the playerbase is fairly accuratley given in these forums and I think EA knows that...

To now say everything is totally fine in UO would be sticking his head into the sand...
    On the otherhand things have ...slowly... started rolling again.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Things are.

A slighty bit better then how worse they were before they approved the changes that affected things I wanted but most didnt.

5. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Well, there's always the option of working on that little UO wiki thing that some people have going. *coughs*

6. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

The overall feeling of the playerbase is mostly inaccurate in these forums and I think EA knows that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed.

7. [​IMG] Thanks Stigmatas ... saved me some typing.

minor point:
    "You can either feel a pulse at a main-neck arterie or on a small finger if you get the meaning."
    [​IMG]
    The forums are the "little finger" ... likely (from the general mood here) out of game ... in the morgue ...

The main neck arterie ... hard to disprove this point: would be found most effectively INGAME through reporting of bugs and behaviors ...

[​IMG] bad analogy ... just needed to point that out ...
    forums, while "immediate" ... are second hand ... and (at best) subject to "certainty" being based on word of mouth and rumor ... [​IMG]

[​IMG] come on ... pull my finger

hehehehehe

8. Guest

Guest Guest

24 hours later. No EA response, and No Stratics Response.

Things that make you go, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

9. Paris_Hilton

Paris_Hilton Guest

<blockquote><hr>

24 hours later. No EA response, and No Stratics Response.

Things that make you go, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

"But what about US? What can we do?"

EA and Stratics aren't "US".

They are "THEM".

10. Not be jerks.

Stop saying things like this:

<blockquote><hr>

I would say the days are over where you could call "doomsayers" - "doomsayers"
    The game cant stand much more beating before it really gets critical

[/ QUOTE ]

Accept that our dire pronouncements of what UO "must" do to "stay alive" are often just our preferences in disguise. (Not all the time, but often. Really often.)

Stop doing stupid things like saying that EA has "pulled the plug" on UO when the login servers go down.

Get some perspective and accept the fact that players have been predicting UO's death since about a month after its launch. (Yes I mean that literally, I screwed around in the UO usenet group once.)

In brief: We can "help" by ceasing our efforts to do harm.

-Galen's player

11. you could devote your playtime to detecting, killing and exorcising script cams lol