1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What causes the "BB code size value is too big" error with the forum signature?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tanivar, May 21, 2011.

1. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I need to change a character name on my forum signature but I am getting the error message "BB code size value is too big" even when just trying to preview my current signature. The pic is 600 x 125 & 21.6k in size. Making the list of names only four lines long doesn't help. What is the BB code size and what affects it?

2. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Without seeing the specific code you're putting in, that is, the exact text that is in the box complete with code, it's hard to say.

The only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is that there used to be (and probably still is) a character limit to the length of your signature. If that's not it, try pasting it here, and put a space after the opening brackets of anything that is BB code so that we can read it (we'll know you're doing it for show purposes).

So like for italic text in your sig, you'd put in here [ i]italic text[ /i] so that we can see it rather than the result.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Not sure, but it could be related to the square brackets round your guild tag. Square brackets are used for bb coding.

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I removed [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] from the signature info and the error goes away. Removing the brackets around the guild abbreviations or the complete list of names didn't affect the error.

The system accepted the currently displayed signature when I created it. The picture itself is within the given size limits. Something in the forum system requirements for signatures has apparently been changed since I last altered the signature.

straticssigproblem.jpg

5. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Uploaded the picture again and the forum system is happy with it.