1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What causes the "Strong magics have redirected you to a safer location" message?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tanivar, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My house owner and fisherman keeps winding up recalling to a spot in the yew forest and receiving the message in the title after a couple uses of a new rune set in his house. This is driving me nuts. The other characters I've tried are recalling to the house fine. Doesn't matter whether he is coming from his ship, or just trying recalling from in the house to out under the sign, he winds up in yew forest.

2. olduofan

olduofan Guest

Been happening for long time. I dont know I think its when events are going on at the rune locating or someone built a house where the rune was marked no clue tho

3. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

Did you mark the rune before you placed the house?

I get the same message when I use the rune to my sister's Malas house and my Magincia rune. Sis resized her house so I thought maybe my recall spot was under the house. My Magincia rune was for in front of the old bank, again there's a house so I thought same thing.

4. Fermi

Fermi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I have one of those for luna. I think maybe I marked the rune during an active invasion.

5. The location the rune was marked at has been covered by a house.

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I've remarked the rune several times and tried marking a new rune. Does the effect carry on to new runes as well?

7. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Would be weird if it did. The new rune have no connection to the old rune.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The only thing I can suggest is marking the rune outside by the house steps instead of inside the house. :(

9. Lindae

Lindae Guest

Way back in 2004, I actually had this happen to me during an event. It was my first-ever event, I was but a child, and my 28.8kps dial-up couldn't handle it; my client crashed, and when I logged back on, I got the "strong magics" message and found myself just southwest of the Skara Brae moongate. (The event had been in the Lost Lands.)

It's a strange game sometimes.

10. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have my house rune in Zento marked well away from the front steps, and set to default in my runebook. Whenever I cast recall and target the runebook to go to default rune I get this message and am taken to a clearing in Yew rather than my house..very strange.

11. grig_since98

grig_since98 Guest

This also occurs when I recall of of the writ of lease for my New Mag house. I haven't tried gating off of the writ yet.

12. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This sounds like the telestorm code from way way back getting buggy. Way back in the day if there were too many characters in one location and the server couldn't handle it, you would get randomly relocated to a different server (server, not shard) with either that message, or a similar one. It was called being telestormed.

It happened a lot when Trammel was first opened to housing and people were all standing around at their favourite locations hoping to be the lucky clicker that won the placement.

13. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I've set a rune to the house next door for my house owner to let him recall close to home.

Setting a rune to recall near his house will say it's a blocked location even with a character from a second account on the house steps watching the spot which is obviously empty and not blocked.

Apparently it's something that just affects the owner of the house, but not the other account characters.

Strange.