1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What creatures to steal from for new balms

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Lostpharoah, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Lostpharoah

Lostpharoah Guest

Lil confused on this new pub 57 creature stealables .. are the balms the "rares"

Also which creatures have you had the most success obtaining the new items from ?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, the balms and lotions are 'specials' They're not all that rare tbh.

To get the special drops you must steal from Champ spawn on any facet or from creatures in Felucca dungeons. I've not actually found that the target makes all that much difference but you can only steal once from each monster.

Ideally choose one you can kill reasonably easily to get re-spawn.

Personally, in Felucca, the main aim is to find a spot where I'm least likely to be found by a pk :D

3. Lostpharoah

Lostpharoah Guest

Thx for the Response !!
    So does this include any creatures in fel dungeons not just humanoid ?
    Ie could i theoretically obtain these specials from a mongbat if it were in a fel dungeon ?

Also does this require gm theif or can a theif modified (ie 90 real +10 stealing ring) to GM be sufficient ?

4. Petra Fyde

So far I've had items from: lich, lich lord, daemon, blood elemental, nightmare, kracken, earth elemental, air elemental, lizard man and dread spider.

The ones I'm avoiding are gazers, stone harpies, stone gargoyles. Not because you can't get them from those, you can, but I found myself too often getting the 'you must be standing next to...' message because of them flying.

I can't answer your other question, my thief was GM with shadow dancers to fill a 120 scroll before this publish launched. Sorry.

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm still hunting for my first rare item, but I have been successful in stealing from monsters (and getting gold) using jewels and SD Legs to get myself up to 120.

Wait. You stole from a nightmare? There's only 2 places I can think of they would hide items, and I am not about to stick my hand in either of those places. You're a braver thief than I.

6. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If all you are after is the balms here is his secret (he posted in another thread)

OAKS

Get some positive Karma one your thief and go to Oaks, If its not started start it.

Steal from the Shadow Whisps, they are an easy kill for a mage with eval and Lighting or ebolts - easy one shots

Steal away they dont carry gold or other items so oyu get alot of nothings, every so ofton they have a body part that ti to heavy to steal.

But the balms come along nicley sonce there are alot of targets and no real threat.

7. Sara1

Sara1 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I found that the slimes and giant rats give me at least one per 10. They are right there next to you and do next to no damage except poison. You can kill the slime with a fireball and the rats with a mindblast. I usually do it in despise, but sometimes out in T2A. Since I stealth around, I only steal from a few in one area killing them afterwards, then go to a different area. I rarely ever get pk'd. Good luck.

8. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Is there a link to this items? Is it only deco items?
    Cant belive how many new things has happened since i last played :S

9. Petra Fyde

10. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Petra. Im usually readin the sticky's :S

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just curious does this include places like the sewers

12. Hahahaha! Best post evar!

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Nm Went there and didnt relize sewers where empty in fel

14. Petra Fyde

My other character is a legendary veterinarian :lick:

15. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

lol you are on a roll today

16. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Try serrado in tokuno i got tons of the new lotions and balms spawn starts with lizardmen and baby death watch beetles then goes to kappas and death watch beetles i do my main stealing at those 2 levels. i normally nab anywhere from 4 to 15 lotions ,balms per serrado cycle ..... dont have to worry about pixies and anything else with lower karma there....

17. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I did have the best success from the slimes in despise, round a good group of them up steal from each and throw a conflag pot.