1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What did Powder of Temperament (now Fortification) do before AoS?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trevelyan, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

It was introduced in 2001 I think, but back then we had no durability displayed in items, right?

So what was the use?

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I *think* back then you could only use it on weapons to increase the durability.

3. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

There wasn't bods back then to obtain them so don't think there were powder in that sense.

4. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

They did the same thing, only you couldn't see exactly how much it was fixing, if I remember right.

5. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

But how were they obtained? Reward for a event?

6. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

No, you had bods back then. They were introduced I think late 2001.

7. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Check this out:

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=708

And from the crafting faq:

3. What is Powder of Fortifying?

This is a Blacksmith Bulk Order Deed reward. Originally called Powder of Temperament, it originally only worked on Blacksmith items, but was changed with Publish 21 to Powder of Fortifying, which works on nearly all items with durability (the exceptions being some event items and artifacts).

8. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

They were a reward when bods were created around pub 16.

9. Ozzmandias

Ozzmandias Guest

As has been mentioned, it was called Powder of Temperament back then, for high end crafted items I sold, I just used it still I got the message that it can't be improved any further. It just took an awfully long time before arms lore said it was worn.

Do I wish I had bought tons of it, and bought all the bods and hoarded them before Imbuing came out?

Yes, yes I do.

10. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

11. Tuchman

Tuchman Guest

You had to use the skill ArmsLore to check the durability of your armor and weps, and hand over your armor and wep to a Blacksmith char working at the north Brit Blacksmith shop. Only ever had my stuff stolen once.

12. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor

Power of Temperment did the same thing it does now except only on weapons, however durability was only visible with Arms Lore back then. There was also a negative side effect to using it. Over time, continued use of powder would bring the weapons base damage by one point per use. Eventually continued use would result in having to get a replacement as you'd dull the base damage down to near nothing after lots of continued use.