1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] What do you guys charge?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by StaticOnAtlantic, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Just kinda curious what everyone charges for imbuing.

2. Gelf

Gelf Guest

don't do alot, but when i do, i usually charge cost of materials +20%

3. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

really depends - for friends and guildmates - nothing just get me the resources.

if total stranger charge them for current resource rates plus 100k

if they want it right now, this second while I am logged in - double resource rate and 500k.

4. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It depends for me as well. For guildmates I usually charge the cost of gems, relics, residue and essence. Not at market price. They provide the mats required for max mods.

If someone just wants one thing imbued and have the mats themselves I don`t charge anything, but it`s nice with a tip.

If I am making a suit for a complete stranger I want gold up front, and then I charge 1 - 5 Mil for the work depending on how complicated it is. That comes in addition to the cost of materials. Planning and making takes so much time I don`t want to be left with a " Oh I changed my mind".

If it`s just a straight weapon or jewerly imbue I charge the cost of mats at current market price and then add in 10-20% for my time.

5. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Free for guildies and friends - or polite strangers - if they want "almost" uber items (i.e., +13 skill vice +15, 22 DI vs 25, Lrc 18 vs LRC20). For Uber items, free labor but recipient provides the Major ingreds and PoF.

It is not worth me selling to strangers, using my own major ingredients. Those ingredients are too damned hard to get and chances are when I do need them for myself or friends, then I will be in Luna shelling out millions.

I am an Imbuer first, not an Imbue ingredient merchant. If I wanted to make money off imbue ingrediensts, I would drop them on vendor.

I much prefer giving the prospective customer a detailed list of what they will need to provide. The minor ingredients - gems and MR or EE - I provide gratis. I would never suggest a fee, but rather encourage the customer to pay what they think the item is worth. I have never been disappointed using this "honor system".

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

free unless it takes special mats ...I just had a new neighbor move in who has a garg warrior and made him a all 70s garg suit with reflect stamina regen stamina increase etc for free just waiting on him to log in..

if it takes special mats i usually have them collect them and I make for free but if they want me to do it I will charge about 20% mark up for my time collecting