1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What do you need after a hot battle at Britain Bank? Why... a cold brew!

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by KitaTalith, Mar 10, 2010.

1. KitaTalith

KitaTalith Guest

Just wanted to let you all know that we're up and sorta-running at the Golden Brew.

Thorin and I popped by a few of the other player run establishments the other night to see who was about but didn't run across anyone. I'm guessing there was more madness and mayhem going on at the bank!

Anyways, I'll be at the brew on the coast north of the Justice Shrine (see the picture in my thread about the brew having a building to get a sense of where) tonight around 5:30 or 6 baja time for a while, decorating and stuff.

Stop by after your battles for a brew and smile!:)

Kita

2. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

sounds good i'll try and check it out :)

3. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

I'm disappointed I missed this.

I look forward to the next tavern night at the Golden Brew.

4. KitaTalith

KitaTalith Guest

Awww! would have loved to have seen you, WarderDragon! Someone did stop by, I think, later after I'd gone to run a few errands - I found a bottle of wine sitting on the counter when I got back!

In general on a weeknight, If I'm there, it'll be between 6 - 10ish Baja time, because I live on the east coast.

Is it still possible to lock down books but still have people be able to write in them? Like little guest books?

I'll be in for a while again tonight :) Maybe you can stop by and say hi!

5. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

I totally spaced it. I'm sorry to have missed the gathering.

6. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sure is. Besides the usage of Bulletin Boards; you can always lock down a book, and then set the security to Anyone, which allows anyone to freely write in it.

7. KitaTalith

KitaTalith Guest

Cool... yeah... I remember putting out a bulletin board but I went looking for it this morning and I apparently forgot to lock it down and it decayed, cuz it's gone! ooooops :blushing:

Oh well... what can I say? It's been a while! I'm lucky half the decor hasn't decayed, I suppose!

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things... and tonight I'll put up another bulletin board AND lock it, as well as a little table with a book.

I'll be around tonight again if anyone would like to pop by after 6'ish PST.

We'll also start planning an official Grand Re-Opening celebration for sometime soon!

Kita

8. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's so good to see the Golden Brew back and under construction! Thank you for your hospitality this evening. I've placed a rune on the east front steps my house northwest of Luna so others may easily find the Golden Brew.

9. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

And for those who might not be familiar with the Golden Brew or the Golden Knights.

"The Golden Brew Tavern Menu" by Ursula Wyldstorm [BRPA Archives]

"The Golden Brew Tavern Has Disappeared" by WarderDragon [BRPA Archives]

10. KitaTalith

KitaTalith Guest

Thank you, WarderDragon! I'm wondering if anyone has the transcript still from Lord British's visit to the brew... it was up for quite some time.. only recently have i been unable to find it... i'd love to put that in a book for posterity!

I want to thank EVERYONE who stopped by last evening... Dar, Nicholas, Elizabeth, Sara... and our lovely writer friend... whom I'm keeping hush hush til his story comes out! :)

Thank you all for your wonderful gifts to help us re-establish the Brew and the theatre and town, and the great chance to talk and reminisce a bit with those who've known the Brew and Golden through the years! Lysistrata and I enjoyed ourselves immensely!

We'll be setting up a grand re-opening sometime soon! I hope we'll see everyone there with us again, and get a chance to meet more of Baja's lovely citizens!

I'll be on again tonight most likely, doing a bit more reconstruction!

Kita

11. I never expected to return to UO. But recent trends in the industry have reminded me of something I used to tell people when EverQuest was first released: eye candy is nice, but it's not everything.

What matters most to any virtual world are three things; community, community and community. That's the strength of UO, and that's why people are starting to drift back... not just Kita and myself, but many others as well.

UO's leadership in community building was amply demonstrated last night. The support and generosity of the Baja community is... I have no words for how wonderful it is.

Thank you all. I promise this time around I won't spend all my time in the mines.

Most of it, but not all of it rolleyes:

12. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hail,

My young cousin Dar was able to attend and has sent me very favorable reports. I have wonderful memories of the Golden Brew and a special journey which included a stop there many years ago.

I heartily encourage all of Baja to start and or finish your visits to Baja with a visit to the Golden Brew. Lift a glass of your beverage of choice, toast days past of fond memories, days present of gathered friends, and days coming of fun, frivolity, adventure, and new friends!

Elladan of Baja