1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think? Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Sweety, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Sweety

Sweety Guest

This is a quick design I did over the weekend to replace my ancient Christmas theme. I'll probably throw some flowers on the brown stones to break up the blocky appearance. Comments/criticism?

Here's a new pic with some greens. Can see the height design better.

[​IMG]

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That's rather facinating

3. canary

canary Guest

What did you intend that to be? It's... yeah.

4. Sweety

Sweety Guest

Nothing specific just a house on a mountain. I'm not a fan of normal homey homes. I never finish decorating them. So i added a touch of extra ordinary to this one.

5. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Some of those creeping vines might look good?

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think this is what superman's fortress of solitude would have looked like if it had been in new mexico. Very interesting!

7. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

I think it's an interesting design.
    The only thing that confuses me is the floating tables.

and i agree, some of the new vines would look really nice.

8. Ni-

Ni- Guest

OH NOES!

I haven't customized a house since SA came out! This is the first that I've heard about these brown walls! I've been hooked on browns lately.

mmmmm.

I was planning on redoing my smithy, "the Arms Pit" (a dwarven-esc name), with the gargoyle grey stone because tat architexture reminds me of straight angle dwarven design.

mmmmm.

How to work those brown tiles into either "the Arms Pit" or my "House on a Hill"?

Oh, by the way, I really appreciate the abstract design of that house! I created something similar with my "House on a Hill". I used the curving tower grey stones to represent the dirt/stone side of a hill with a path that eventually winds it way up through a couple tiers to the house on top. Naked, it isn't that impressive, however with a bunch of crap thrown around, I really like the almost natural feel it has.

Oh yeah, Makato?sp?, I believe, but what shard?

9. Sweety

Sweety Guest

Floating tables are to place gozas over the water tiles
    Ill probably put a bunch of vines on it but my current storage space is like -15. hah

Your house sounds interesting. Got any pics?

Ya its in Makato on Catskills.

10. Ni-

Ni- Guest

Sure, I was able to find a thread that I made last year, with pics.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-homes-castles/140396-house-hill-revisited.html

edited to actually add the link... derp...