1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by watchertoo, Mar 23, 2010.

1. watchertoo

watchertoo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Aug 5, 2006
    I am watching General Chat scroll across my screen and admiring how aritistic it appears (obscenity filter on).... Sometimes I think the chat system is a good thing, other times not so much....

What do you all think.... good addition or not?
  2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

But sadly the balance is getting closer to shifting every day.

I will say that it's served its intended purposes enough time that on balance I still think of it as a positive development.

Enough spontaneous hunts have been arranged, questions have been asked and answered, events and activities coordinated, and enough pleasant chat had, to compensate for the negatives.

-Galen's player
  3. Lady Lava

Lady Lava UO Senior News Reporter
    Alumni Stratics Legend

Apr 7, 2004
    It has been a good thing on many levels. It is great for spellweavers needing a circle/focus at the Brit Bank for a roundup.
  4. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sep 2, 2003
    There have been positives with the system although I wish there was a default 'PvP' channel so the folks yelling at each other like 5 year olds could go there instead of general chat.

It reminds me of standing in line at the DMV wondering 'is this really a sampling of our population'? Scary and sad.
  5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000

Insta Guest

I agree, then I could **** and moan about all the trammel talk in the channel. It's not like all the other channels are not trammel based, and impossible to join.
  7. Malador

Malador Guest

It seems to me that this has already been addressed. If you dont like the smack talk and pvp discussion join the General-Trammel channel.
  8. Insta

Insta Guest

maybe they thought since they ran us off the forums they could run us out the game? *shrugs*