1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What does "gank" mean?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MonkeyBusiness, Jun 23, 2008.

1. I see people refer to some PvP'ers as "ganks" or that they were killed by a "gank squad". What does "gank" mean and what is a gank squad?

2. Gank fair current definition ...

All depends on perspective ...

3. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

1 good example. Your fighting another player 1 on 1 little do you know that there is a hidden stealth archer standing a couple tiles away from you watching the fight. You get low on health and boom your dead because the archer "ganks" you with a cheap shot you never saw coming. Not exactly fair eh.

Another good example. Your fighting at the gate and several players dog pile on you hitting you with everything they have. I consider this a gank. Why because your severely outnumbered and it required no skill on behalf of the 5 other guys to take you out.

There is also the infamous evil omen paralyze followed by energy fields in an X over you while a few players sit back and mana dump on you also requiring no skill because you are unable to do much to avoid being killed.

4. Emil IsTemp

Emil IsTemp Guest

Lets not forget to "gank" as in to steal.

"He ganked my regs man"

5. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Lol yeah good one actually. Back in the day I used to hear people complain about others "ganking" all the loot before corpses had instanced loot.

6. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

This is a visual example of a deer gank.

[​IMG]

-Skylark

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Gank means you throw so many at the foe, it matters not. No defense can fight off a true gank. A true gank never ends. If you consider being out numbered as a gank, you are wrong.

A gank is over whelming. An organized crew is not a gank.