1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] What does the game cache setting really do?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Old Man of UO, Dec 19, 2011.

1. The user setting within the UI allows a max cache of 1024, but you can manually edit the UserSettings.xml file to whatever you like. Tired of the frequent crashes, I started playing with various settings - none of the video settings made any difference (though I did turn v-sync back on to smooth out the graphics). But setting the cache to 2048 may have helped.

So far, I've been running 5 days without a crash, maybe 20 hours total.

I don't know yet if this is a coincidence or if it is a real change. Anyone else want to try it and give feedback? I'm tired of all the crashes that I was getting, so I'm willing to listen to other suggestions.

A couple questions about this:
    1) is the cache in RAM or on a disk swap file?
    2) did I really increase the available cache by editing the UserSettings file, or is there a max cache that the game can use?