1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

what does

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Anon McDougle, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Star wars going to free up to level 15 mean for UO ?

2. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing. UO has the polar bear to ride.

3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

fine *sigh* UO can play for free to level 15 as well.

Gorbs and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  4. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

It means Star Wars is in trouble, which doesn't mean good things for UO, that's for sure.

Putting aside issues of being in the same studio, nothing. Star Wars is a theme park hold-your-hand kind of game. Even the space combat is on a rail.

5. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

All games are currrently infected by D3 - as the D3 Hype calms (wait 2 more months..) people return to their long time games...it will take some time but when RG's new project goes gold we will see a massive change in mmog's AGAIN as it has been with UO back in 1997 - thats the day everyone has to worry (or not)...but not now ;)

6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wait a minute....... Hold the phone...
    Right now most games are going into summer mode. Vast numbers of players are not in the house... Sun's up till 8:30 - 9 pm, beaches, vacations starting, the whole of UO each year has this happen... We just notice it more.....
    As for SWOR.... the new has worn off. And quite frankly EA didnt give them much advertising. I doubt they will ether.... You have to give EA cudos for being consistant. If giving free time pulls in more for SWOR good for them. It saves EA $$ so it is worth it for giving lvls away might mean new players will pay making more in the way of word of mouth for new players.... NO UO cant do it. (sorry guys, I know some of you would like to see it but to be honest UO isnt set up like other games to allow that kind of free play.)

Give UO the summer so players can enjoy the sun and fun of ffresh air.... September is not that far off.......

7. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I saw SWTOR advertised on TV, saw it in magazines and comic books, saw plenty of advertising online.

I don't know if it was as big as the $100 million ad campaign for Battlefield 3, but SWTOR advertising had to have run into the 10s of millions of dollars.

What's going to happen in September besides the anniversary?

8. Rupert Avery

That is a pretty big deal for some if not most people.
    I am excited to see what is going to come if it..

9. Sauteed Onion

Well, I don't usually talk about something either way if I haven't tried it for myself meow. But when I heard the space combat was going to be on rails for SW:ToR, I was like nah. And never bothered to look into it again.

SWG before new game enhancements was like my favorite game evar, and it had killer space combat. But I played with a joy stick and grew up playing flight simulator games with a joystick.. so for me I was in nerdy sci-fi heaven. I'd have almost heard EA say "We plan on implementing space combat but want to wait before we do to ensure it's gonna be nerdy sci-fi heaven, not star fox for the super nintendo with better graphics."

That being said, SWG didn't even implement controlled space flight until later with the jump to lightspeed expansion.. and I'm glad they didn't. EA could have done something similar. But, when you got money in that amount and can just blow it however you like, I suppose you can just ignore things that make sense and just do whatevah.. you know.

10. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

In this day and age a few million dont go far.... especialy in advertising. I was not infering $ spent but the time fraim of. I do not see any tv ad's unless its on the kiddie shows channel's. Or perhaps I dont read the gamer mag's out there... But Sauteed Onions does have a point. It just might be player expectations not being met in the game and the subscriptions are not what they should be at the juncture of the games life. ( SWG came out way too soon and had major growing pains that were unexceptable to many of its players. It killed itself to be quite honest)

September is alot of things to many...
    Labor day siganls many returning to school life, the end of summer and cooler/colder nights. Sun going down sooner too. A time when the gamer sits back to the keyboard and looks at what they can get into. As for UO ... It means our anniversary is here and the new vet rewards will be right around the corner. The story arc will be ramped up then too as per Jeff's postings.
    Quite honestly I have high hopes for the fall.

11. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

I am very excited to see what they come up with!

By the way...@Rupert...
    Is your sig an error where it says "Trade Tour Wares Across Brittania"?

I am thinking the "T" should be a "Y", but I sure could be wrong!

12. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Translation: Please, Please, Play Star Wars ! *done in her best plaque mounted pixie voice*

13. Rupert Avery

In that font it is a Y.. but I can see what you mean :)

14. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Personally I didn't find the game all that fun. great eye candy but not much depth to the world.

15. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

Aha!! I see it now! My bad!!

*Orders New Glasses*

:)

Rupert Avery likes this.