1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What EXACTLY does Dexterity do?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by FencingParry, Feb 27, 2008.

1. FencingParry

FencingParry Guest

I know what Dexterity is in every game I have ever played.
    Cant seem to find exactly what dexterity does.
    I would think it effects attack speed, but from things ive read;
    it has nothing to do with it.
    So a description of exactly what dexterity does would be great
    Thank you
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

It does indeed affect your swing speed. Swing speed is based upon stamina which in turn is based on dexterity. The higher your dexterity, the higher your stamina. Now your stamina may be depleted in battle or if you are running. Thus your swing speed may decrease as your stamina drops but if you are at full stamina you will notice a much faster swing speed.
  3. FencingParry

FencingParry Guest

Simple enough.
    I guess what was confused me was I interpreted stamina to = strength.
    When I should have said stamina = dexterity.
    Alrighty. thank you [​IMG]
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

The stats (barring mods to them) are DEX = Stamina 1:1, INT = Mana 1:1, STR = Hit points (STR/2 +50) ... carry weight is a factor of STR as well something like STR*3+40 or something.

DEX also helps when applying bandages ... the higher you have the less time for them to kick in.
  5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Stamina is important for parrying too. When stamina drops you will parry alot less and get alot more damage to you.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Some more detail: If your stamina drops to zero, you cannot move. This happens easier if you start with low dex and take a lot of damage.
  7. Also minimum dexterity of 80 is required to use the full potential of the parry skill.
  8. Dex seems to speed up healing too.